• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted January 28, 2011 - 06:31 AM

I love the 8 wheel Massey. Thanks for the pics Luke.

#3 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted January 28, 2011 - 06:50 AM

You have some nice looking equipment to play with Luke, thanks for the pictures.

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 28, 2011 - 08:37 AM

Thanks for the pictures Luke.

#5 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted January 28, 2011 - 10:51 AM

Thanks guys! Yeah, must admit the Massey 4wd is pretty close to my heart! this is our secound one on the farm.......sold the first one (that we bought new) back in 1993 and always missed have another around so 6 yrs ago we located this one with only 2,200 originals hours and sucked it up and restored it! Luke

#6 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted January 28, 2011 - 11:06 AM

I love that truck. What year is that?

#7 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted January 28, 2011 - 12:56 PM

I love that truck. What year is that?

Besides being sooooo nice, it looks identical to our 78 C65.

#8 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted January 28, 2011 - 07:20 PM

Thanks, the graintruck is a 1983 Chevy C 70 with the 8.1 litre (210hp) GM Detroit Diesel in it. That was our main reason for reworking it was we wanted one with the diesel to pull a big wagon. Its a nonturbo version......they also came with turbos. We had to do alot of body work to it.....new rocker panels, cab corners, cab floors, fender liners, didn't have a tilt hood so we converted it to a tilt hood, reworked the fiberglass hood, never had side mount fuel saddle tanks so we coverted it to side mount fuel saddle tanks, coverted it to side mount exhaust for field fire precaution, lengthed frame and installed the hydraulic scizzor hoist and box. It was a fun project.....dad and I work good together! We also have a 1975 Chevy C65 with the 366 V8 gas that the C 70 replaced thats awaiting a facelift and then it will be sold. We put all new interior in the C70 and new bostrum bucket seats in it(factory option) Wish I had pictures before dad and I started on it.......was canary yellow! We pull a 570 bushel unverferth wagon behind it when used in fall.......will haul 1,100 bushels when filled to the gills! That screaming Detroit doesn't miss a beat! LOL! Luke

#9 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted January 28, 2011 - 07:30 PM

Hope the Detroit doesn't leak oil as bad as the ones in our milk hauler's trucks. If the EPA saw the spots he leaves in our driveway, he'd shut us all down & make us dig the dirt out! LOL That is one beautiful truck Luke! You can redo our C65 anytime you'd like. Heck, I'll even bring it to ya!
Our C65 only does backup silage hauling duty if our 1990 GMC Topkick has a problem, and both haul the grain in the Fall. Both also haul some gravel in when we need, 8 ton at a time, plus we go get sawdust for our stalls from a little sawmill just up the road.

#10 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted January 28, 2011 - 08:15 PM

Really, our detroit doesn't leak a drop, no white/blue smoke at idle cold or hot and uses not a drop of oil when pulling the guts out of her like alot of other detroits I've heard people complain about! Ours only has about 50,000 miles on it and only gets used about 500 miles every year! We put that straight pipe on it and everyone loves the sound of her, especially with 1,000 bushel behind her.....makes her bark! LOL! If I had a ton of time I'd be more then happy to rebuild yours for you, but right now my plate is full.......have that MF 1155 to redo before summer, my aunt has me totally redoing (should be scrapped) 1949 Willys Overland pickup and I've been restoring a 1970 mustang convertible since 1993! Now we are building a new heated farm shop(64x66) for working on farm equipment during winter months since our other heated farm shop is consumed by semis during the winter months. Never a dull moment around here! LOL! Luke