• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 milkdud OFFLINE  

milkdud
  • Member No: 43438
  • 66 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted June 10, 2014 - 10:28 PM

Awhile back I got my brothers 1975ish Ford LGT 145 that sat out side for years dying a slow death.

I got it running well, but the hydro seems loud.  I replaced the spin on remote filter and pony'd up and purchased genuine NHolland hydraulic fluid for replacement.

Its still loud.  Its seems quieter when I run it floored, but when I feather back on the foot feet it is louder.

When the RPM is down and Im backing up or going fwd @ half speed it really groans.

Is this normal?   Can it be better?  Do some fluids quiet these things down?  Are there adjustments or wearable items that make the loud?

Thanks
Conrad

• T Guiles said thank you

#2 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • Member No: 50665
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted June 10, 2014 - 10:46 PM

My 165 screams pretty loud too but its been like that a couple years since I got it, and it gets used year round, but my 145 is silent, some do some dont, make sure the fluid is clean and full, clean filter, not much else you can do
  • T Guiles and milkdud have said thanks

#3 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,409 Thanks
  • 3,159 posts

Posted June 11, 2014 - 03:13 AM

There are a few factors causing this and are not really repairable it is the nature of the beast. I have 3 of these and they are all different sounding. My 125 that gets used for tractor pulling all summer long is silent but the 125 my dad uses screams and my 165 is right in the middle.
The internals are simple but must be perfect as well as the charge pump . If your charge pump gets weak it will scream bloody murder and act as if it has a clutch that gets pushed in when going down hills and be lazy reacting to imputs.
  • KennyP, TomLGT195 and milkdud have said thanks

#4 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • Member No: 50665
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted June 11, 2014 - 03:50 AM

Both of mine work the same, only diff is one I hear the motor, the other I cant hardly hear the motor for the hydro... I gave up trying to find a reason for the whining, I just figure it must be a woman.

• KennyP, boyscout862, TomLGT195 and 3 others have said thanks

#5 AMCJAVELIN OFFLINE  

AMCJAVELIN
  • Member No: 57416
  • 72 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted June 11, 2014 - 01:38 PM

mine is pretty loud as well but has quited down a little since fluid change but no leaks or anything else goes and runs strong pulls me up the steepest of hills without getting any louder

• milkdud said thank you

#6 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 1,300 Thanks
  • 1,101 posts

Posted June 11, 2014 - 04:11 PM

Both of mine work the same, only diff is one I hear the motor, the other I cant hardly hear the motor for the hydro... I gave up trying to find a reason for the whining, I just figure it must be a woman.

LOL :bigrofl:  :bigrofl:  :bigrofl: 

• milkdud said thank you

#7 milkdud OFFLINE  

milkdud
  • Member No: 43438
  • 66 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted June 11, 2014 - 10:43 PM

Mine seems to operate fine. Ive pulled some pretty heavy loads with it up my back yard hill. 

It can be louder than the motor at times, which can be annoying 

I guess Ill live with it.  It runs and works very well.  Just noisy.

Thanks, Conrad

#8 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,801 Thanks
  • 2,200 posts

Posted June 15, 2014 - 04:45 PM

my 145 screams, the 1450 i had was quiet , and the 195 is hard to hear over the exhaust but a bit noisy!