Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Found Out Something Interesting..

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted June 09, 2014 - 09:59 AM

A couple of years a go a buddy and I were grading an area to build a shed.  I was driving the tractor and we had been running back and forth to firm up what we had moved.  As I made a turn I looked down and thought that looks familiar.  It was! It was my phone.  I'm not sure how many times I ran it over but it still worked but some of the buttons didn't work quite as well and the screes was all scratched up.

I still have a flip phone, when out granddaughter upgraded to a smart phone I took her flip phone and I like it.  It flips two ways so I can use it as a flip phone one way but it opens length ways to use it to text.  When it dies I'm not sure what I'll do because you can't find flip phones much anymore.  I darn sure don't want to pay the data fee's.  Plus no one wants to steal a flip phone.

• GTTinkerer said thank you

#17 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted June 09, 2014 - 01:45 PM

I dont know how many ive destroyed over the years. I got my first one in 04 after I graduated high school an had a trac fone for about a yr then mom put me on her plan with insurance on my phone think I went through 3 of them the first fell in floor stripper while at work the second cracked the main screen some how.then got a new one when the plan renewed 2 phones the water proof ones lol the first one got to much water an a cracked screen the second still works. renewal again an that was my last contract phone. I went through 3 Verizon prepaid phones now we have straight talk an I have a crackec screen lol it fell off my tool box in the garage an hit a piece of gravel but still works fine

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk
  • GTTinkerer said thank you

#18 mac102004 ONLINE  

mac102004

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1420
  • 227 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted June 14, 2014 - 12:56 AM

My last phone fell out of my pocket onto a haul road and was run over by a grader.

470e17b482f00c6c5a69ac3d2e43beab_zps0ba3

#19 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted June 14, 2014 - 08:38 AM

Seems the otter box held up well.

Mine looked a little worse than that, my glass peeled almost completely off.

#20 mac102004 ONLINE  

mac102004

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1420
  • 227 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted June 14, 2014 - 10:11 AM

Yeah I was really impressed with the Otterbox LOL too bad it didn't do what it was intended to do though. The screen is only half of it, the entire phone was bent, there was dents pushing out of the back of the phone from the gravel that broke the screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

#21 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted June 14, 2014 - 02:30 PM

Yeah I was really impressed with the Otterbox LOL too bad it didn't do what it was intended to do though. The screen is only half of it, the entire phone was bent, there was dents pushing out of the back of the phone from the gravel that broke the screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

Mine still worked with my blue tooth in my car. Mine sadly wasn't in my otter box