20 replies to this topic

#1 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted June 08, 2014 - 06:57 PM

Ell maybe not so interesting. I dropped my phone last week and broke the screen. No biggie still useable. Today I was working on my truck and had my phone sitting on the tire I needed to move the truck forward and ran over it.

doesnt work so well now. Insurance claim later I have a new phone coming tuesday.

what creative ways have you destroyed a phone?

• Gtractor, WNYTractorTinkerer and panzersarebest have said thanks

#2 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,452 Thanks
  • 1,604 posts

Posted June 08, 2014 - 07:20 PM

I was cleaning the pool...and no, the phone didn't fall in the pool. After 10 minutes of cleaning the pool, I realized the phone was in my cargo shorts pocket. I was cleaning the pool while I was in it. I took the phone apart, dried it with a hair dryer, then held it out the window of the truck on my way to the AT&T store. By the time I added a second phone to my contract, the phone was working. The old phone worked fine until my son drowned it again when he fell in the creek while fishing.
  • toomanytoys84 said thank you

#3 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted June 08, 2014 - 07:27 PM

I had my flip phone in a case on my belt.

While crawling around on the concrete floor working on something, I managed to roll and the magnetic catch on the case broke the screen.....No insurance, so my wife got a new phone and I got her old one...Oh, and I always pay the bill.....something wrong with this picture?

Edited by KC9KAS, June 08, 2014 - 07:27 PM.

• WNYTractorTinkerer, superaben and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#4 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,615 Thanks
  • 3,914 posts

Posted June 08, 2014 - 07:31 PM

Only one I've killed so far is when I slid behind the wheel of my Corvair with the phone in my front jeans pocket.  Since I have fairly long legs its a tight fit and the steering wheel shattered the screen.  It still worked but without the visual it was difficult to operate.  Had to be replaced.  :wallbanging:

#5 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,629 Thanks
  • 7,671 posts

Posted June 08, 2014 - 07:46 PM

I put one through a full cycle of the wash machine. No, not destroyed.

• WNYTractorTinkerer and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#6 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted June 08, 2014 - 07:47 PM

Had my old cell on the bed rail of my truck, hooked to the car trailer and moved off.  later could not find the phone, looked forever ended up buying a new one.  next spring I was mowing and saw something shiny in the lawn, took a garden spade to it and viola there was my old phone, never worked but still funny, I think when I pulled away It must have fallen of the truck then ran over with the trailer and buried in the mud.

Pete

• WNYTractorTinkerer and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#7 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted June 08, 2014 - 07:57 PM

Phone # 1 I was working on a strip job in the winter backfilling the pit when I had to take care of #2 business so I dropped my bibs while I was between the blade and the radiator where it was nice and toasty and my phone fell out of my bibs and became part of the backfill.

Phone #2 I had a huge bonfire going and I was tossing in electrical components with cords and the cord of one snagged my phone on my side pulling it right into the fire.

• JDBrian and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#8 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted June 08, 2014 - 09:17 PM

Had one in my back pocket when I fell off the step ladder one time. Broke the outter screen, made a lot of noise, but still worked until the contract renewal.

#9 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,478 Thanks
  • 3,371 posts

Posted June 08, 2014 - 09:53 PM

Knocked one in a bucket of 50/50 coolant mix, one fell 18" on a vinyl floor and shattered the screen, 3 were stolen.

Edited by toppop52, June 08, 2014 - 09:53 PM.

#10 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,856 Thanks
  • 3,193 posts

Posted June 09, 2014 - 12:05 AM

Can you believe it--- I don't own one! Gosh, I must be old and stubborn as well as mechanically challenged, lol.
  • grnspot110, GTTinkerer, tractorgarden and 6 others have said thanks

#11 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,442 Thanks
  • 3,989 posts

Posted June 09, 2014 - 12:44 AM

my business phone fell into the concrete, not destroyed - but out of reach

#12 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted June 09, 2014 - 06:04 AM

Only ever had two of them got the first one in 2005 and it died in 2008 so my son gave me his old one and it is still working but a couple of buttons stick and the main screen is dead.  Dried it out in rice a couple of times though.  Will be looking at another flip phone soon.

Edited by GTTinkerer, June 09, 2014 - 06:05 AM.

#13 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted June 09, 2014 - 08:07 AM

Can you believe it--- I don't own one! Gosh, I must be old and stubborn as well as mechanically challenged, lol.

Honestly if it wasn't for work, I probably wouldn't have one either.  At least not one that was fancy and can do everything a computer can do...Probably a basic flip phone would work for me.

A guy at work told me he just got his son a brand new Iphone 5s Saturday morning.  Saturday afternoon they were out fishing and his son decided to jump in the pond and forgot the phone was in his pocket.  Dead...

• oldedeeres said thank you

#14 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,943 posts

Posted June 09, 2014 - 08:25 AM

I've been without one since Mar 22, it's been sooooo nice!!! I have no desire to really get another, but my wife and kids are wanting me to.

I bought a new one back in Jan of this year. Working on some plumbing helping my sister. Told her to hold my phone over top my shoulder using it as a flashlight. I reach up, knocked phone out of her hand it it landed in bucket of water-Toast! 6 week old phone. 

I got that fixed ( $100) and then one week later, it fell out of my pocket in Tahoe, When i opened door, it hit the pavement, crakced hte screen. Worked okay still. Then 1 week later, I had it in the top pocket of my flannel jacket, fell out and broke screen for good this time. I sent it back to LG to get new screen, they refused to work on it as it had water stains on inside, even though it worked fine. Still have not fixed or replaced

When my dad worked as a maintenenace man for a local bank, they started making the guys carry cell phones, probably back in late 90's early 2000's. Dad said his coworker went into bathroom, when he came out he was white as a ghost. He had phone clipped to his belt, as he pulled up his pants, the phone dropped in the toilet just as he had flushed....he had just gotten the new phone that morning.

• oldedeeres and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#15 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,311 Thanks
  • 4,661 posts

Posted June 09, 2014 - 08:25 AM

I had one for years and it sat on the night stand..  Now I carry one and nobody calls me anyway..  Just the wife every once in a while..  The kids, on the other hand go through a phone every 3 months it seems..  Cracked screens, forgot it was in the pocket in the washer, My grandson thought it would be fun to flush one or two down the toilet and a malady of other destructive demises for the phones over the years.. I still have a 'dumb phone' and it suits me just fine!  Lots of times it sits on the counter while I work around or on the bench to keep it from falling out of my pocket on the creeper..  Sometimes I have to call me phone from the house phone to find the dang thing..  I got along just fine for years without one and could still do it..  JMO

• GTTinkerer, oldedeeres, TAHOE and 1 other said thanks