1 reply to this topic

#1 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted June 07, 2014 - 10:11 PM

I think I need to pass this Moto Mower Terra Handle off to someone who needs it.  I had my fun today getting the old Clinton to run.  That always makes for a good day!

The handle part of the unit is in excellent shape.  It shows some use, though.  It is all original.  It does bear the original stickers, albeit faded. 

The engine started on the second pull today after I got the carb cleaned out.  By the amount of debris out of the carb and the condition of the fuel lines, it has been many moons since it had fired up.  It uses a Clinton VS3100.  I wasn't able to run it long, though, because the fuel tank leaks like a sieve.  A big sieve.  There is a hole rusted out on one side.  I will include a good sound tank with the tractor, but I hate to take the old tank off since it has a Moto Mower specific sticker on it.  I'll let the purchaser decide.  The hole is under the wrap around cover, so maybe you can JB Weld it and no one would ever know. 

The vacuum and cultivator/tiller attachments look almost brand new.  I ran the vac a little bit and it seems to work well.  It is missing the bag.  I just let it coat my shoes.  The cultivator hasn't even worn the paint off the tines.  Its as close to NOS as you will see for Moto Mower. 

The wheeled part is what is left of the drive for a sickle mower and to pull a plow or something similar.  It is rough.  It has sat outside and it shows it!  The tires score the "neat" rating, though, since they are old Continentals with a very unique tread.

The pictures show the Terra Handle mounted on each attachment. 

IMG_9428.JPG IMG_9426.JPG IMG_9429.JPG IMG_9430.JPG IMG_9431.JPG IMG_9432.JPG IMG_9433.JPG IMG_9434.JPG

I am looking to get $475 out of the package or best offer.  You don't see these everyday. 

You can contact me here or off my Old Paths Equipment website.

Ben W.

• IamSherwood, sacsr and boyscout862 have said thanks

#2 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted June 07, 2014 - 10:14 PM

I'd love to keep this thing, but I really don't have a use for it.  I'd rather see it join its Moto Mower brethren in good hands than sit in a corner up here.  I'm happy to hear it run and to play with it for a minute. 

Ben W. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale