grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted June 07, 2014 - 06:56 PM

This was a show Linda and I went to today. I was told about the show several weeks ago when we attended The Little Guys Show. All I knew was the date and location, but not enough particulars to post ahead of time. I figured to just go and check it out. The event is sponsored by Christ United Church of Christ in Littlestown,PA. The event is held at the church's  picnic grove. They have a beautiful setting with lots of shade from numerous trees. I want to post a few pictures and with George's help we will get more posted in the gallery as soon as possible.

These are two pics of the pavilion where they held the baked goods auction.

Strawberry Festival 001.JPG Strawberry Festival 002.JPG

These are of some entertainment for the children, a Bouncy House and a Barrel Train.

Strawberry Festival 027.JPG Strawberry Festival 026.JPG

This pic is a homemade buggy driving around the grounds. The gentleman said it is powered by an 8hp engine from a John Deere and the frame is made of wood from a shipping crate from a John Deere rider.

Strawberry Festival 043.JPG

This last picture is a 1941 John Deere that the owner said was from President Eisenhower's farm in Gettysburg.

Strawberry Festival 016.JPG

Like I said, the remainder of my pictures will be posted in the gallery when George helps me do it.

• Alc, KennyP, sacsr and 3 others have said thanks

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 08, 2014 - 05:33 AM

Sure looks like a lovely day for the show. Are you harvesting strawberries down there already?

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,421 Thanks
  • 39,670 posts

Posted June 08, 2014 - 05:34 AM

Thanks for sharing this, Grand!

#4 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted June 08, 2014 - 05:47 AM

Sure looks like a lovely day for the show. Are you harvesting strawberries down there already?

The weather was great for the show. There will be more pictures of GTs when George helps me post them in the gallery. As to harvesting strawberries, it has been close to two weeks since the local harvest began. Numerous churches in our area are holding strawberry festivals, but this is the only church I know of that also does a tractor show along with their festival.

#5 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted June 08, 2014 - 11:52 AM

Here is a link to the pictures I took in the gallery: http://gardentractor...l-tractor-show/

• KennyP said thank you

#6 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 08, 2014 - 03:18 PM

The weather was great for the show. There will be more pictures of GTs when George helps me post them in the gallery. As to harvesting strawberries, it has been close to two weeks since the local harvest began. Numerous churches in our area are holding strawberry festivals, but this is the only church I know of that also does a tractor show along with their festival.

Sounds like a delicious time to be living in PA. We are still a ways from the strawberry season here. !