I might just sell it.

#17 B10Dave OFFLINE  

B10Dave

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1808
  • 386 Thanks
  • 250 posts

Posted June 08, 2014 - 06:45 PM

Indygbd1. I sent you a PM about your one wheel Simplicity that you say you might be willing to sell. However in this thread you mention that you want a cart for your Simplicity walk behinds. I have a proper Simplicity cart that maybe we could work a trade on....Dave

#18 Indygbd1 OFFLINE  

Indygbd1
  • Member No: 58420
  • 42 Thanks
  • 56 posts

Posted June 08, 2014 - 07:18 PM

I would consider a partial trade, however from what others have told me about how rare this one wheel model A is, I don't think it would be a fair trade. I have seen simplicity carts sell for as low as 150.00 in unrestored condition.

#19 j p smith OFFLINE  

j p smith
  • Member No: 54240
  • 18 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted June 16, 2014 - 06:13 PM

Question for Jeff about the carts, Is there someone makeing up brake kits to add to a DB cart that did not come with brakes? Thanks

#20 Lauber1 ONLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted June 16, 2014 - 07:12 PM

good question. Years back I had a guy who made the iron work up for the carts, then I would finish it, the metal, paint it and build the wooden part. At that time only the gen3 kits came with brakes. In order to get a brake kit to work on the cart, you would have to have a hole in the tongue, at the proper place. My original gen2 didn't have brakes so I don't have the hole, nor do I know what that measurement would be.

The fellows name is Kent Weiderholt, he lives in south central Iowa, east of Ocseola. I don't have any contact info for him any more, as this was something we used to do though the Yahoo DB groups, and they have all pretty much ceased to be now days. Not sure if he is doing any repo work anymore, but his stuff was pretty good. I made 7 or 8 of the Gen3 carts over about a 3 yr period and sold them all about as fast as I got them done.

• trowel and j p smith have said thanks

#21 j p smith OFFLINE  

j p smith
  • Member No: 54240
  • 18 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted June 17, 2014 - 02:35 PM

Thanks, Jeff. I am using it behind my Baird Beaver to have fun with the grankids at this time but would like to have brakes when I get to using it with the DB's

#22 Indygbd1 OFFLINE  

Indygbd1
  • Member No: 58420
  • 42 Thanks
  • 56 posts

Posted June 19, 2014 - 11:25 AM

Trailer is sold!