• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 John T OFFLINE  

John T

• Member No: 456
  • 2 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted January 27, 2011 - 04:28 PM

Does anyone have any information on attachments available for a Case 222. I have seen some with hydralic loaders but don't know if this is an original part or an after-market kit.

#2 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted January 27, 2011 - 07:47 PM

Does anyone have any information on attachments available for a Case 222. I have seen some with hydralic loaders but don't know if this is an original part or an after-market kit.

Case has never made a loader attachment for a 222 or any other model of garden tractor. Instead, they created a garden tractor SIZED industrial quality, integrated loader that would still cut the lawn and be fitted with a three point hitch to handle all the ground-engaging equipment out there. The 644, 646 and 648 models will lift 600 pounds safely to full height. The frame, front axle, steering components, hubs and wheels were all spec'd and/or designed for heavy duty loader service.

However..............there were after market loaders that were adapted to work on tractors like yours back in the early 70's and there is still one available today for over 2K. Some people with the tools, time and fabrication skills just choose to make their own FEL by purchasing a set of plans from an engineering company. You need to understand that such loaders are usually good for about 300 pounds of lift and that you may find steering the tractor in soft, rough ground conditions to be a bit of a challenge with a full bucket of material.

There are plenty of attachments that are factory endorsed for these tractors.

#3 Norwood EYE OFFLINE  

Norwood EYE

• Member No: 1994
  • 4 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted February 06, 2011 - 02:15 PM

Hey John, I will answer you question as best I can, obviously there were mower decks ranging from 38" to 44" to 48" that fit that model. There were also front blades 44" and 54" as well as snowcasters 38" and 48". That last one might be a stretch with the engine (12hp) but for light duty it might be just fine. There were also hydraulic driven attachments that require tapping into the hydro system via a PTO valve, such as but not limited to, a vacuum bagger, log splitter, wood chipper, roto tiller or anything else you might dream up that runs off of hydraulics. There were dump carts, and pull behind sweepers, and a myriad of sleeve hitch attachments for gardening or landscaping as well. Not all of these were made by Case, but just about anything can be adapted to work with them. Is that closer to the answer you were looking for?

#4 John T OFFLINE  

John T

• Member No: 456
  • 2 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 04:56 PM

Thanks for the additional information regarding the available attachments. I recall working a summer job in a cemetary quite a while ago where we had a small Case tractor, painted construction orange that had a front end loader and a backhoe attachment, with an engine not much bigger then 20 HP. It got me thinking to what might be available as a front end loader for my 222. Now I know.

#5 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 07:32 PM

Thanks for the additional information regarding the available attachments. I recall working a summer job in a cemetary quite a while ago where we had a small Case tractor, painted construction orange that had a front end loader and a backhoe attachment, with an engine not much bigger then 20 HP. It got me thinking to what might be available as a front end loader for my 222. Now I know.

That would have been either a 646 or a 648 LBH . If it had power steering, then it was a 648. There are no attachments for the LBH's other than forks and optional buckets. However, if you can find the loader tractor, then you can cut grass with it or perform any other ground engaging task that a garden tractor will perform since there is a three point hitch available. In addition, the hitch can be easily converted to accept sleeve hitch attachments as well. If you want a small FEL, then you can't go wrong with a 648. Expect to pay upwards of 3 grand for a decent one with the hitch and rear PTO. If it has wheel weights and tire chains, so much the better.

#6 coop OFFLINE  

coop

• Member No: 669
  • 24 Thanks
  • 103 posts

Posted February 12, 2011 - 12:18 AM

DARREN_1275597982_f_con_3_0021.jpg missed this one...went for $950.....only had 900