28 replies to this topic

#16 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 1,303 Thanks
  • 1,104 posts

Posted August 05, 2014 - 05:23 PM

Looks like the rear tires are in good shape to me.
A little tire magic before the shows and every one
will b happy. Lookin Good

Thank you!
They are 10' tires, they look good from 10', or MORE! LOL Maybe next year I'll get some new ones? My Jacobsen got the last new set.

Hey Stiemmy,

Let me first apologize for trying to push you into my way of thinking about paint. Awesome job and looking real sharp. Can't wait to see the final stage. I do have one question though, What is Aircraft Paint Stripper and where do you get it? Been around a long time but never heard of this product.

And further more, you are the only one on my list of 16 friends that I do not know your first name. By using a first name in a post everyone knows where the comment is going.

Dave

Hi Dave, NO apology necessary! No harm, no foul. Don't sweat the small stuff, life's TOO short!!!! :)

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Aircraft stripper must be the brand, and I bought it @ O'Reilly Auto Parts. It's in the body section of the store. Here's a funny one....Notice about the middle of picture 2! HAHAHAHAHAHA RMFAO

Pleasure is all mine Dave, Greg here. Glad to meet you, hopefully in person someday.

Did I miss anything? Other than editing my post to get pics on from phone........no, wait, yep......A BEER!!! LOL

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG1531.jpg
  • IMAG1532.jpg

Edited by stiemmy, August 05, 2014 - 05:24 PM.

• panzersarebest and Savageman have said thanks

#17 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • 1,303 Thanks
  • 1,104 posts

Posted August 05, 2014 - 05:43 PM

How did you like that 2X paint. I've used it on some non tractor stuff and thought it worked pretty good. 

Thanks for posting the pictures of your Panzer. 

GEEEEEZ! I am really SORRY, and, apparently BLIND? I never replied to your post UGGH. :wallbanging:

So far the color looks real good, but I have yet to see it next to an original to compare. The paint is a breeze to shoot...and has really nice coverage. I did post on another thread that it does scratch real easy, and some clear over the top might be a good idea. As I also had mentioned in that other thread touch ups are really easy..........almost too easy, but you gotta take the good with the bad I guess.

Glad you liked the pics, and thank you! Should be more soon, be sure to Bookmark this one!!!!!!!!

• JDBrian and Savageman have said thanks

#18 Savageman OFFLINE  

Savageman
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53929
  • 394 Thanks
  • 262 posts

Posted August 05, 2014 - 06:37 PM

Greg,

Thanks for the info on Aircraft Paint Stripper that you can't use on Aircraft.  WOW  LOL

I am looking it up now for dealers.

Dave

#19 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • 1,303 Thanks
  • 1,104 posts

Posted August 05, 2014 - 06:47 PM

Greg,

Thanks for the info on Aircraft Paint Stripper that you can't use on Aircraft.  WOW  LOL

I am looking it up now for dealers.

Dave

No problem Dave. :beerchug:

I saw that before buying it at the auto store, and had to laugh. The guys working there got a chuckle out of it when I pointed it out to them too. LOL

Since this topic is hot on the thread, I did forget to mention wearing safety glasses when using this, and a pressure washer early on page 1. Safety glasses are a must, and long sleeves won't hurt either! That chemical stripper was flying every where when I hit it with the pressure washer, and YES it even burns when it hits your arms. I was not harmed, nor were any animals during this event, but please folks, wear personal protective equipment!!! This stuff is harmful, but used wisely VERY effective.

• panzersarebest, Savageman and Coventry Plumber have said thanks

#20 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,134 posts

Posted August 05, 2014 - 08:07 PM

You can get in spray can at walmart in the auto dept. It worked really well for me but it is really nasty stuff
  • Savageman said thank you

#21 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • 1,303 Thanks
  • 1,104 posts

Posted August 05, 2014 - 09:34 PM

You can get in spray can at walmart in the auto dept. It worked really well for me but it is really nasty stuff

That was offered at the auto store as well, but my concerns with that were, how long does a can last, and more importantly, breathing that crap in. I just didn't want to go there. The fumes from the brushe on stuff are bad nuff.

#22 Savageman OFFLINE  

Savageman
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53929
  • 394 Thanks
  • 262 posts

Posted August 05, 2014 - 09:56 PM

OK Greg,

I found two different Paint strippers called Aircraft.  One by Rustoleum and one by Klean Strip.

51LG+hX+QZL._SL500_SS100_.jpg

th.jpeg

Which one did you use?

Dave

#23 engineguy63 OFFLINE  

engineguy63
  • Member No: 59522
  • 71 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted August 06, 2014 - 07:07 AM

Hello, Paint looks great !!!....I have been looking for a cheap way to get a decent paint job....that looked about right color wise. If It is like other rustoleum products it will harden up, but plan on about 3-6 months....than it will give surprisingly good durability. I was thinking about doing a paint job with X O Rust....true value brand, also a oil based enamel that takes a long while to really dry up hard , but after a few months you can spill gas on it with no ill effects. ( I use it on antique h/m engines)

X O RUST can be color matched and I have a good original hood with real nice turquois on the bottom, so should be able to match it, all the cast pieces could be brushed....just need to thin it to spray though for the hood , fenders and dash. We will see what we will do.

• panzersarebest said thank you

#24 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • 1,303 Thanks
  • 1,104 posts

Posted August 08, 2014 - 09:40 AM

OK Greg,

I found two different Paint strippers called Aircraft. One by Rustoleum and one by Klean Strip.

attachicon.gif51LG+hX+QZL._SL500_SS100_.jpg

attachicon.gifth.jpeg

Which one did you use?

Dave,

It's the one in the lower picture. Seems to work well.

Greg.

Edited by stiemmy, August 09, 2014 - 07:22 AM.

#25 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • 1,303 Thanks
  • 1,104 posts

Posted August 08, 2014 - 09:44 AM

Hello, Paint looks great !!!....I have been looking for a cheap way to get a decent paint job....that looked about right color wise. If It is like other rustoleum products it will harden up, but plan on about 3-6 months....than it will give surprisingly good durability. I was thinking about doing a paint job with X O Rust....true value brand, also a oil based enamel that takes a long while to really dry up hard , but after a few months you can spill gas on it with no ill effects. ( I use it on antique h/m engines)
X O RUST can be color matched and I have a good original hood with real nice turquois on the bottom, so should be able to match it, all the cast pieces could be brushed....just need to thin it to spray though for the hood , fenders and dash. We will see what we will do.

Thank you! I think you have a good point about the paint getting harder with time. I guess time will tell, but I can always go back and clear it down the road too. We'll see.

#26 Coventry Plumber OFFLINE  

Coventry Plumber
  • Member No: 60643
  • 1,031 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted August 27, 2014 - 08:12 PM

Greg any progress we should know about lately?
Just wondering ,I know the summer flew by as always.
Keep us posted. Thanks Tom

#27 BowDown ONLINE  

BowDown
  • Member No: 10128
  • 195 Thanks
  • 424 posts

Posted October 01, 2014 - 10:32 PM

Bump this up!

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
  • Coventry Plumber said thank you

#28 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,452 Thanks
  • 6,622 posts

Posted October 02, 2014 - 05:50 AM

After using the paint striper did you have to do anything else special to prepare for priming ?  How did you handle the rust pits in the sheet metal ?   I brought my wife's B10 in the garage and it's sheet metal frame ect is in about the same shape as your T65 , Thanks Al

• Coventry Plumber said thank you

#29 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • 1,303 Thanks
  • 1,104 posts

Posted July 24, 2015 - 09:49 PM

After using the paint striper did you have to do anything else special to prepare for priming ? How did you handle the rust pits in the sheet metal ? I brought my wife's B10 in the garage and it's sheet metal frame ect is in about the same shape as your T65 , Thanks Al

Sorry for the late reply, bodywork I'd to each their own... it all depends on how bad it's pitted, and what kind of finish your looking for??

Edited by stiemmy, July 24, 2015 - 09:51 PM.