• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,396 posts

Posted June 06, 2014 - 06:44 PM

Picked up one of these today, haven't had a chance to try it out yet:

http://coreoutdoorpo...-grass-trimmer/

Has anybody here used one?

I have a bigger Husqvarna straight-stick trimmer w/handlebars, but wanted something lighter to use at home.  I need the bigger one at the farm for heavy string, plastic blades, metal brush blade & saw blade, depending on the job at hand.  ~~  Lowell

• Alc, CRFarnsworth and Traill95 have said thanks

#2 Bill 76 OFFLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,646 Thanks
  • 1,060 posts

Posted June 06, 2014 - 07:14 PM

I have an older black and decker battery powered trimmer and I like it alot,easy to start and no noise,Just wish mine had the bump feed instead of auto feed,I think you will like it alot for the smaller jobs.

• Traill95 said thank you

#3 Traill95 OFFLINE  

Traill95

Traill95

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8763
  • 1,576 Thanks
  • 919 posts

Posted June 06, 2014 - 07:16 PM

I have what is called The Worx Trimmer. It is battery powered and will do my trimming on one charge.  I wouldn't say it will  last as long as a tank of gas though. It  does a good job and I can use it as an edger also.

#4 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted June 06, 2014 - 09:39 PM

I've been thinking about one of these and the reviews look favorable:

http://www.sears.com.../p-07174381000P

#5 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,654 Thanks
  • 1,738 posts

Posted June 07, 2014 - 03:59 AM

I have what is called The Worx Trimmer. It is battery powered and will do my trimming on one charge.  I wouldn't say it will  last as long as a tank of gas though. It  does a good job and I can use it as an edger also.

Big brother talked me into a worx trimmer.  I've never used the model you have.  But i will volenteer to test it for you and report back as to howw well it works.

:D  :D   Rick

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,325 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted June 07, 2014 - 06:37 AM

Smaller places, or places you dont want to get done all at once, I'm sure it's fine. The battery technology has really improved.
Mom just got a new Stihl, I'll be reporting on that soon. Haven't made my mind up yet on a couple of things.

I've been thinking about one of these and the reviews look favorable:

http://www.sears.com.../p-07174381000P

The new nicad batteries from Sears, I have not been impressed with. Run time is OK, but life has been bad.
They are going with all lithium ion stuff (even have 2 grades of that now) and I would suggest you price a replacement battery and different charger because in about a year and a half, you will need to do that IMHO.

Normally, You would need to buy a kit to even begin to make it worth while... But they don't have a li ion kit with the big battery and charger. :wallbanging:

#7 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted June 07, 2014 - 09:56 AM

The new nicad batteries from Sears, I have not been impressed with. Run time is OK, but life has been bad.
They are going with all lithium ion stuff (even have 2 grades of that now) and I would suggest you price a replacement battery and different charger because in about a year and a half, you will need to do that IMHO.

Normally, You would need to buy a kit to even begin to make it worth while... But they don't have a li ion kit with the big battery and charger. :wallbanging:

I switched to 3 lithium high capacity batteries several years ago and and the difference is nite and day between the lithium and nicad. Untill then,I was considering tossing all my C3 tools and switching to Milwaukee or Makita.I now have most of the C3 tools and am well pleased

• MH81 said thank you