• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bprzyw OFFLINE  

bprzyw
  • Member No: 53276
  • 92 Thanks
  • 163 posts

Posted June 06, 2014 - 08:18 AM

Replaced float, set to proper settings. Tractor runs good. Still dialing in carb 1/8 of a turn at a time, started at 2 turns out. Cut grass for 30 minutes, then she just shut off. opened hood, coil + wire broke off. replaced end and rebolted to coil. Had hard time starting since it was hot. Maybe this is a timing issue??? Also when going into higher grass, tractor wants to bogg down. Is the governor supposed to pick up the slack and keep the carb running at the same rpm? Please need help with this. going to check timing tonight.

#2 Husky OFFLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63
  • 922 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted June 06, 2014 - 11:19 AM

Hi, what model tractor and what engine do you have? It could be a governor issue going on or just running too rich and bogging down under load. Yes the governor should keep the engine up to speed under load.

• bprzyw said thank you

#3 bprzyw OFFLINE  

bprzyw
  • Member No: 53276
  • 92 Thanks
  • 163 posts

Posted June 06, 2014 - 12:16 PM

Husky,

Its a 1886-01. 1971. Kohler K482s-35113b engine. When my son was cutting with it (he was excited since I have been working on it for 2-3 months) I could see whiteish smoke coming from the exhaust and smell fuel. so I am thinking it still might be a fuel rich problem. If I slow down, or come to a stop,  it allows the engine to go back to the rpm's it was running at. (not like I am cutting at a high rate of speed)