• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cpg OFFLINE  

cpg
  • Member No: 57994
  • 244 Thanks
  • 147 posts

Posted June 06, 2014 - 07:01 AM

Maybe somebody has already thought of this but a while ago I was rebuilding one of the countless carbs I have done for my lawn tractors and chainsaws and wanted to blow out the passages and saw the air can for cleaning computers I had. Gave it a try and now I keep a few cans in my garage just for that. After using carb cleaner just blow out all the little passages with the can of air. The little straw works on even the smallest passages in my chainsaw carbs and I think it is actually compressed with CO2 or some propellent because it is clean and has no moisture since its made for computer use which is nice. Works great and one can lasts a long time and has saved me lots of frustration and time; so much better than blowing into it or trying to use a gun off my air compressor.

Was just cruising the forum and figured I would share in case anyone was interested. Hope this helps at least one person.

• Gtractor, Alc, JDBrian and 13 others have said thanks

#2 robert_p43 OFFLINE  

robert_p43
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11040
  • 572 Thanks
  • 534 posts

Posted June 06, 2014 - 07:49 AM

Sounds like a great idea.  Thank You!

• boyscout862 and Gabriel have said thanks

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 06, 2014 - 10:20 AM

It does work well. I have used canned air for so long at work that it is what I automatically reach for when I need air pressure to clean small items.

• Gabriel said thank you