Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Newbie In Tennessee Looking For 110 Or Similar.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 lyall OFFLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,747 Thanks
  • 1,398 posts

Posted June 08, 2014 - 09:03 PM

good looking 110

look in the Manual section there should be a manual for the Kohler motors there

if not you can go to Kolher's web site a download one

good luck with the 110

#17 Hammerdown OFFLINE  

Hammerdown
  • Member No: 46960
  • 127 Thanks
  • 74 posts

Posted June 09, 2014 - 05:39 AM

Hello

That Tractor has the Eight Horsepower Kohler in it. They did not change the horse power of the 110 engines until around the change from round fender to flat fender 110's being around 1967 or a little later all of the early ones had the Eight Horse power Kohler's in them. They run very smooth and with the lower geared Transmission's that the early 110's had, they were very powerful. The variator's had some slight issues of freezing up and not wanting to work correctly. Just make sure you use the variator from time to time to keep it working right. They work much like a Torque convertor clutch on a  snow mobile as you place the variator handle forward it places the drive belt to it deeper into the Variator pulley system hence more speed. I hope this help's, Hammerdown

#18 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted June 11, 2014 - 06:30 PM

The Kohler motor that is in the tractor now, is not original to the tractor, and is out of a flat fender 110. You'll need to find a K181 motor with a starter generator set up if you want it to be original. The sheet metal seems to be original, just not the block.

Not sure what type of carb or air cleaner is on the motor, but if they used the flat fender air cleaner set up, that won't be original to the tractor either. Other than these things and the muffler, you seem to have a pretty good 1966 110.

Edited by johndeereelfman, June 11, 2014 - 06:33 PM.

#19 plinker4life OFFLINE  

plinker4life
  • Member No: 58462
  • 4 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted June 11, 2014 - 07:37 PM

It is missing a lot to make it original and I don't plan on a factory correct restoration . It runs good and I have so ag tires to put on it and do a little paint work and it will serve for a great toy for the kids. Until I ordered the tires I was in it for less than the price of a power wheels electric piece of plastic. So I think it is a win all the way around.
  • johndeereelfman said thank you