Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,454 Thanks
  • 6,623 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 05:55 AM

On my DB 600 someone lengthen the kickstand and the tabs that keep the stand up don't look quite right so that might be some of my problems but how to you guys switch implements around ? I went from the sickle bar to the spike tooth harrow then the harrow packer then back to no attachments . The 600 is so nose heavy it's hard to mount things by myself

• VSTROM803 said thank you

#2 VSTROM803 OFFLINE  

VSTROM803
  • Member No: 10269
  • 369 Thanks
  • 338 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 06:26 AM

Changing implements can be back breaking if you're not careful. Thankfully the 600 has reverse so you can at leastback it over most of the  implements. I don't see any "easy" way to get things hooked up. I've found the buzz saw to be the most difficult. You have to remove a wheel and take the kick stand off for that. The field planter is kinda tough too because it weighs so much. Too bad the walk behinds don't have some kind of three point hitch with a quick hitch huh? Maybe we could post a video sometime of how some of the implements hook up.

• Alc said thank you

#3 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,454 Thanks
  • 6,623 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 07:38 AM

It would be nice if the kickstand was some how adjustable in length , mine was modified at some point for some reason so when some attachments are on it's hard to get the stand up & down when changing . Another reason I have a  hard time because of the engine weight on the 600 , once the implement is removed  I don't have enough weight  myself ( 150 lbs ) to keep it from nose-diving while  I'm trying to get the stand down lol

#4 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 08:03 AM

I'm not sure how the implements attach on the other walk-behind brands, but on my Gravelys I use an old scissor jack under the rear end (they are rear heavy with no front mounted implement.  Depending on the attachment, I can either wheel the tractor away from one over to the other, then use the jack again to get things to line up just right to bolt on the front.  If you have a Gravely and haven't installed two studs on the front attachment point, you are making your life more difficult than it has to be!  Would studs help with your issues at all Al?

• Alc and superaben have said thanks

#5 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,454 Thanks
  • 6,623 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 10:43 AM

Howard  your idea got me thinking ,  maybe I could make something to could slide on the front attachment spot ( where the sickle bar mounts )  4 studs like the sickle bar uses , I could put it on just when changing attachments because it shouldn't get in the way mounting any rear attachments . Thanks :thumbs:

#6 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,454 Thanks
  • 6,623 posts

Posted June 06, 2014 - 05:50 AM

Looked at the 600 last night a stand that slips into the front implement slots would work , kept looking at the kickstand , it would have been nice if they made a lever and rod to raise and lower it from the handle bars . Did any manufacture  have something like that ?

• trowel said thank you

#7 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted June 06, 2014 - 06:16 AM

I have found it very easy to change attachments on my DB. I pull the pin at the front, push it forward, then back it over the next one, hooking the rollers over the bar, and then just line up the pin in the front.

#8 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,454 Thanks
  • 6,623 posts

Posted June 06, 2014 - 10:43 AM

Pat the problem I'm having is because most of the times I'm taking the rear implement off to get it back in the garage , ( that should be a good reason to build a bigger garage lol ) , then having to try putting the kickstand down when I get it inside .

• trowel said thank you

#9 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,454 Thanks
  • 6,623 posts

Posted June 07, 2014 - 05:35 AM

Here was another problem I was having and figured out pretty easily , the cultivator was all  set-up with the sweeps in the position from the last time I used it but when I backed onto it and hooked up the kickstand was too long to make the swing back to the stowed position , driving on a block of wood made took care of that . The last picture is by the garden to show what was on the cultivator .

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN0795.JPG
  • DSCN0796.JPG
  • DSCN0797.JPG
  • DSCN0798.JPG
  • DSCN0799.JPG

• trowel said thank you

#10 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted June 07, 2014 - 06:03 AM

Looked at the 600 last night a stand that slips into the front implement slots would work , kept looking at the kickstand , it would have been nice if they made a lever and rod to raise and lower it from the handle bars . Did any manufacture  have something like that ?

That is something i always wondered myself not just with the DB but all the walk behinds, i use a jack stand as a prop and bring the tool to the tractor, not easy at all with some of the attachments, lol, i bent the front kickstand once on the Big 5, forgot it, bolted on a plow and pulled it back,...oops!!

Another thought that could help is you is an idea i got from rototiller's front mounted flip up transport wheel, could use a fold-up swivel wheel on a spring that mounts to the front bracket of the DB, sprung just enough to keep the tractor level but so you could pull up/push down on the handlebars for the rear mount tools aided by the spring, when you ready to work, pull a latch and flip it up.

• Alc and VSTROM803 have said thanks