4 replies to this topic

#1 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted June 03, 2014 - 10:31 PM

being held somewhere in the North/South Carolina, or Virginia area.  My wife has indicated that she will support a "Father's Day" gift of some time for a tractor event, but I don't want to spend all my time traveling.  I am aware of the Denton event and may be able to attend that, but I was really hoping for a plow day, as I missed all the spring plow days due to school and studying.  Any one have any recommendations?

Thanks in Advance,

Howard

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,804 Thanks
  • 7,545 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 04:40 AM

I've sometimes thought that GTs and 4H should go together. Do any of your 4H groups have something for the end of school? Good Luck, Rick

• HowardsMF155 said thank you

#3 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 07:33 AM

After thinking about it just a bit, I've come to believe that "Father's Day" weekends should be PACKED with tractor related events.  What better gift for Dad than an opportunity to spend time doing something he enjoys.  And if the rest of the family is only lukewarm, they can PRETEND enthusiasm because this is Dad's Father's Day gift!  Better than any tie.

• olcowhand and GlenPettit have said thanks

#4 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 11:39 AM

Howard, your "Father's Day Tractor Event" should become a National Holiday!  :thumbs:   But my day to milk the cows would likely hit it years in a row!  :wallbanging:

#5 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,809 Thanks
  • 2,223 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 05:18 PM

Funny, I am planning to go to THE GAS UP For my fathers day. really neat old engine and machine show in Schoharie ny, they hold it the weekend before and the weekend of fathers day. Great way to spend the day.  Sorry about that, I just read over this and it sounds like I am gloating :D.

Pete

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: june, plow day, north carolina