#16 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,221 posts

Posted June 03, 2014 - 03:24 PM

I have been fortunate,  My employer has had me steadily employed for 14 years and counting, lots of overtime and a steady paycheck.  the work is hard and dirty but the money is good.  My wife on the other hand,   She works in the parts department at a large dealership locally.  she was working maint at a resort but took this job for less $$$$ because she liked the work better.  Well she was hired as a parts assistant, the day she started the manager walked out.  She was kind of thrown into the fray and she took of running with it, did the job no questions asked.  Then they hire A new guy for more money than they are paying her, have her train him then stick her back as the assistant, still no extra money.  then the new guy does not work out so they put her back in the managers position for still the same $  After 4 weeks of this she goes in a talks to them, they offer her less money on a salary position that requires her to work more hours!!!!

Sometimes the world does not make sense, you just have to make the best of what you have and be glad you are employed.

Pete

• MH81, Alc, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#17 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,110 Thanks
  • 3,201 posts

Posted June 03, 2014 - 03:28 PM

When you are self employed you are not really the boss, all your customers are the boss.  Noel

• Alc and boyscout862 have said thanks

#18 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted June 03, 2014 - 05:52 PM

I guess I am lucky, I went into the army at 18 and was voluntold from day 1. I accepted it and moved on. I still do it that way. I dont like it but I accept that its the way things are done and you aint gonna change it.

• Alc and boyscout862 have said thanks

#19 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,624 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted June 03, 2014 - 07:21 PM

I am self employed I do everything.

Willie,  if you're dishing out all the arse eatings,  who is on the recieving end?   :wave:

• IamSherwood said thank you

#20 motobreeder OFFLINE  

motobreeder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3989
  • 425 Thanks
  • 611 posts

Posted June 03, 2014 - 10:17 PM

I thought you were talking about married life. ;)

At work, I had a boss who's favourite way of letting me what he wanted done: "we, meaning you".

• Alc said thank you

#21 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,756 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 12:34 AM

Willie,  if you're dishing out all the arse eatings,  who is on the recieving end?   :wave:

Me, unfortunately.
  • Gtractor said thank you

#22 jdslednut OFFLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 01:15 AM

I guess if we all would just lower our standards maybe we wouldn't be volunteered to do so much more :wallbanging: .

• Alc said thank you

#23 HANKG OFFLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,891 Thanks
  • 2,794 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 05:50 AM

Its not easy being in the workforce today. After the economy took a dump if you were lucky enough to keep your job you soon began doing the jobs of those who were laid off and now that there is some recovery the boss's like it just the way it is , glad 'Im done with it.

• Alc said thank you

#24 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,491 Thanks
  • 4,947 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 08:59 AM

Its not easy being in the workforce today. After the economy took a dump if you were lucky enough to keep your job you soon began doing the jobs of those who were laid off and now that there is some recovery the boss's like it just the way it is , glad 'Im done with it.

yep, that was/is me!

#25 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,737 Thanks
  • 8,912 posts

Posted June 04, 2014 - 08:08 PM

I have two different responses when my boss asks me to do something:

1. Yes
Or
2. I'll give it a whirl.
  • MH81 said thank you

#26 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,455 Thanks
  • 6,623 posts

Posted June 05, 2014 - 05:30 AM

Three years ago we had 3 clerks at 2 different  garages ,  one retired so the work was past on to the garage chief  and the other 2 clerks , last week a second left , now we have only one , I talked with her yesterday and she was pretty frazzled she has duties that she's never did before .  

#27 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,491 Thanks
  • 4,947 posts

Posted June 05, 2014 - 07:47 AM

Three years ago we had 3 clerks at 2 different  garages ,  one retired so the work was past on to the garage chief  and the other 2 clerks , last week a second left , now we have only one , I talked with her yesterday and she was pretty frazzled she has duties that she's never did before .  

We've had that happen at our place the last 2 yrs in our customer service dept.  An older lady retired May of '12, they were supposed to divy up her stuff between the other 4 ladies, but they dumped it all on one girl. She walked out within 2 month of that. Then another quit less than 6 months ago, so now in 2 yrs they went from 5 customer service reps down to 2 and no hiring, These two poor ladies are about ready to shoot someone.

'Do more with less" is the new company mottos

ss is the

• Alc said thank you

#28 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,079 posts

Posted June 05, 2014 - 10:05 AM

This has turned into a hassle. Wrote up 1 person and have arbitration with the union after 2 days. My boss is proud of me. Go figure.

I am annoyed. Apparently telling a guy to go to elevator and go home because he is standing around talking instead of working is unacceptable here.

#29 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,294 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted June 05, 2014 - 12:00 PM

This has turned into a hassle. Wrote up 1 person and have arbitration with the union after 2 days. My boss is proud of me. Go figure.
I am annoyed. Apparently telling a guy to go to elevator and go home because he is standing around talking instead of working is unacceptable here.

I am starting to wonder if the biggest reason you got shoved into this is he needed someone with enough brass to do what needed done and no real friendship ties (new-ish) with many of the guys there.

Being the designated arse kicker is a thankless job that usually sucks the soul out of you. I wish you good luck and remember, you are doing your job.

#30 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1477
  • 203 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted June 05, 2014 - 12:10 PM

All the time.

On the farm I'm always taking up the slack.

At work I'm always being pushed here and there.

As long as I still make money off the hay on the farm and as long as I still get a pay check I will put up with it.

sent from my telecomunication device, from the seat of my imaginary tractor, working my imaginary feilds.