• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 quartermilecamel OFFLINE  

quartermilecamel
  • Member No: 40923
  • 19 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted June 02, 2014 - 02:33 PM

Hello I have the briggs 10 horse on my tractor, and would like to be able to get the full 16 amps out of the alternator since I have the 16 amp stator.  Is there anyway I can do this.  Im guessing I don't have the required larger magnets on my flywheel but not sure.  I do have the 16 amp stator and regulator.  Thought about purchasing a later flywheel and swapping over magnets but Im not sure that would work.  I think Im getting about 5 amps now, but cannot remember, its been a while since I converted or upgraded the stator and regulator.

• MyBolens1053 said thank you

#2 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted June 02, 2014 - 06:04 PM

Why do you need the 16 amp stator?  The regulator is going to cut it down to a manageable level.

• MyBolens1053 said thank you

#3 quartermilecamel OFFLINE  

quartermilecamel
  • Member No: 40923
  • 19 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted June 03, 2014 - 02:27 AM

so 5 amps is good?  As in like the batterys charged so that's all its going to output?  I have the bolens headlights and figured that would load it down.  The charge voltage drops when I turn on the headlights to the high 12's. When I had the original stator on it didn't keep up.   I wanted the 16 amp stator because I want lights to see at night for snow plowing.  Basically I want to add accessories so I went for the maximum output alternator.