2 replies to this topic

#1 hamman OFFLINE  

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,519 Thanks
  • 2,551 posts

Posted June 02, 2014 - 09:05 AM

While re-tilling the garden with the Homelite, getting ready for planting I saw SMOKE ! Stopped the tractor and pulled the tiller actuator and the tiller still ran. Shut the tractor off and raised the seat to see the belt from the tractor to the tiller was outside the bottom belt guide. Put it back in the guide and adjusted it back to where it is supposed to be. Inside and outside of the belt have some significant wear and tearing on it. This belt is only a year old and was over $ 30. Hope to make it last another year or two at this point. No camera to take pics but it was really hot and smoking. Tried it after I adjusted the guide and it worked as it should again. It's always an adventure. Here are some pics from a year or so ago. DSCF4129.JPG DSCF4145.JPG
  • daytime dave and tinbender7 have said thanks

#2 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 6,332 posts

Posted June 02, 2014 - 09:16 AM

I'm glad you caught it in time Roger.  That stuff just pops up out of nowhere.

• hamman said thank you

#3 Alc OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,278 Thanks
  • 6,482 posts

Posted June 02, 2014 - 10:38 AM

I know the feeling , on the 318 deck drive belt I some how got it screwed up at the mule drive and as soon as I put the PTO in it took a good layer off the inside . The worst part it I did that twice on 2 different belts through the years . :wallbanging:

• hamman said thank you