3 replies to this topic

#1 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1477
  • 203 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted June 02, 2014 - 01:47 AM

I have an extra set of rims and tires (matching completely) that I would like to use as duals on my 1980 sears lt10-36.

This is my pride and joy, my first tractor. I have done a lot with it and to it. Now its used once and awhile to mow just to run it. I want to put duals on it because its been a dream of mine since I first got it.

I know they make a dual kit for the larger 12inch rims, this has 8 inch rims. The larger kit comes with 8 bolts, and two rubber disks. The rubber disks get sandwiched between the rims.

What I'm looking for is the 8inch rubber disks to do this. I can't find them any where. I'm sure some one makes them.

uploadfromtaptalk1401691498191.jpg

sent from my telecomunication device, from the seat of my imaginary tractor, working my imaginary feilds.

#2 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted June 02, 2014 - 06:09 AM

Those tiny axles are going to hate you.

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted June 02, 2014 - 06:29 AM

I'm sure you are aware those axels aren't designed for duals, but if you want to just for giggles, do you have an old set of junk tires? Most tires, you should be able to cut the bead off carefully with a good knife.

#4 BillTheTractorMan OFFLINE  

BillTheTractorMan

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1477
  • 203 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted June 03, 2014 - 03:56 PM

This thing lives a life of leisure, no hard jobs any more so extra strain won't be a problem.

I don't have any extra junk tires around.

sent from my telecomunication device, from the seat of my imaginary tractor, working my imaginary feilds.