When I bought my Allis HB112 several years ago, it was missing the pulley bracket that lifts the sickle bar. It bolts onto the right side of the frame between the engine & the foot rest.
It has bugged me ever since. Today, I'd had enough of it & set to work building one. I had built the pulley portion one warmish day this winter. Painted it so it wouldn't rust before I got to building the bracket. The pin is a bolt I cut the threads off.
I started by making a template to get the locations of the holes & the bend. Then transfered them to a chunk of 1/4" x 1.25" cold rolled flat stock that I cut to 8.5". Clamped the bar to my anvil & hit it a couple of times with a big hammer to make the bend. Did a quick test fit to ensure the bend was correct.
Then I tacked the pulley holder to the bracket. Looked good. Output side of the cable in line with the cable going to the sickle bar. All is well, so welded it solid & cleaned it up. Installed it for a functional test.
That's when I noticed the cable dragging on the input side of the pulley holder.
Had to cut the pulley holder off of the bracket & start over. This time, I aligned the pulley with both the input & output sides of the cable. Any one who welds knows the pain.
Now it goes up and down without rubbing the cable on the pulley holder.
A little paint, and it is ready to use.
While I was testing the up & down function, I noticed it tended to fall on its own, which is fine when actually in use, but that makes it hard to inspect the cable while in the up position, so I built an stinger tale out of some 1/2" black iron pipe and a bar bell weight.