• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted June 01, 2014 - 11:54 AM

So after the pull yesterday a very good friend of ours knows into any garden tractor to play with so he told me he had a white but wasn't able to tell me everything about it so I went and looked at it. Turns out its a white yardboss 1655. Everything is there except the 3 point lift arms which is no big deal I can always make them if I have to. My main thing was that it needed to have a mower deck and had to run. Well it does run. sort of. He said it would need an electric fuel pump for it to stay running since its not a gravity fed carb. Says there's a lot of blow by(just my luck) but it does start and fire but shuts back off. I forgot to grab pictures :( sorry guys! SO with that being said, should I have the motor rebuild or replaced? Its a close resemblance of my two 990's I have but set up just a little differently. Anything I should look out for? anything to be aware of? 

#2 VTXrider OFFLINE  

VTXrider
  • Member No: 16031
  • 463 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted June 01, 2014 - 12:28 PM

If it is like JD212's 1655, there would be very few similar parts.

http://gardentractor...rd-boss-gt1655/

There are many posts on GTT about the 1655.

Edited by VTXrider, June 01, 2014 - 12:28 PM.

• Dieselcubmike said thank you

#3 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted June 01, 2014 - 05:16 PM

That White is on my list of desired GTs. Good luck they make up into a real nicce working tractor.

#4 VTXrider OFFLINE  

VTXrider
  • Member No: 16031
  • 463 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted June 02, 2014 - 06:53 AM

Reference to the manuals here. The links from Blacksmithman are still good.

http://www.mytractor...ead.php?t=43411

Edited by VTXrider, June 02, 2014 - 07:07 AM.

#5 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted June 02, 2014 - 12:45 PM

Ummm! NO pix here!  What engine in this thing? I had late model bigger one with V-twin Vanguard 20hp.  It had a fuel shut-off on it to cut the flow when key is off to shut down engine. Think the pump was just a plastic vacumn operated one on the engine somewhere, like on the valve cover area? Can buy a Briggs generic one at most shops that looks diff, but works same. I also owned similar engine in a Speedex, that didn't shut off with key right away, the shut-off would let it run about 10 seconds and auto shut-off as gas is closed off. Not sure why it did that. Guess no ignition to cut off on these?  These are very similar to 990's, but quite a bit different. I like the looks of Yard Boss's, but can't see yours to compare, ha!

#6 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted June 03, 2014 - 08:25 PM

It has a 16hp briggs flathead opposed twin on it. Not the ohv that I wanted :( but its something different and it actually has a mower deck on it. It seems when I pick tractors up they either have no motor, no mower deck, or all of the above. Im getting it Friday hopefully all I did was give my friend a deposit to hold it for me