• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 310 Thanks
  • 604 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 08:40 AM

I was helping a friend move a swingset yesterday evening and looked a couple houses down and see a LGT Ford sitting in the back yard of another house.

I ask my friend who that is and he calls him.

He comes over and we talk a minute and he takes me over to see what he has. It is a LGT125 that has a FEL, 3pt on the back, and rear PTO. He has the tiller as well.

This is the first time I have been up close to one of these with all the stuff on it and I have to admit I was like a little kid in a candy store :D

The FEL he built himself and the dang thing was really slick. Sorry I didn't snap any pictures but my phone had taken a dump. :wallbanging:

• hamman, KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 09:07 AM

Phone broke, Yeah sure!  Work us up on this, and then BANG!  No pictures.  Think you should get a demerit point for that! Not sure what a 125 is sizewise, but isn't that small for a loader? Or is it 12hp?

• tinbender7 said thank you

#3 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • Member No: 50665
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 09:58 AM

The LGT 125 is identical to the 145 and 165 but with a 12hp, I personally think at 800-850lbs they are too light overall for a fel but if you use it with some common sense it would be a handi little tractor, most GT fels are only rated for 300-400lbs but people tend to push them harder than they should, the tube frames in the lgt series make them light and flexable compared to a box frame tractor but its still pretty common to see an lgt with a johnson 10 on it. I think a roll bar would be good idea with a small fel but very few people seem to bother putting one on. .

• JDBrian, boyscout862, TomLGT195 and 1 other said thanks

#4 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • 310 Thanks
  • 604 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 10:09 AM

Phone broke, Yeah sure!  Work us up on this, and then BANG!  No pictures.  Think you should get a demerit point for that! Not sure what a 125 is sizewise, but isn't that small for a loader? Or is it 12hp?

:(  Sorry

:smilewink:

#5 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • 310 Thanks
  • 604 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 10:09 AM

The LGT 125 is identical to the 145 and 165 but with a 12hp, I personally think at 800-850lbs they are too light overall for a fel but if you use it with some common sense it would be a handi little tractor, most GT fels are only rated for 300-400lbs but people tend to push them harder than they should, the tube frames in the lgt series make them light and flexable compared to a box frame tractor but its still pretty common to see an lgt with a johnson 10 on it. I think a roll bar would be good idea with a small fel but very few people seem to bother putting one on. .

I agree Lance, this thing is pretty small but man I would sure like to have it :rocker2:

• KennyP said thank you

#6 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 10:41 AM

Im a big fan of the LGT series tractors but as a metal fabricator I look at the frame on them and theres no way I would add a fel to one of them, its physically possible for a GT fel to lift more than the tractors original weight, and then you add weight to the rear as ballast, next thing you know your weight is 3-4 times what the original tractor weighed, that can easily turn into a dangerous situation. I have a fel, but its not on a garden tractor so I try not to get too involved with most GT fel threads.

• JDBrian and propane1 have said thanks

#7 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 12:19 PM

Im a big fan of the LGT series tractors but as a metal fabricator I look at the frame on them and theres no way I would add a fel to one of them, its physically possible for a GT fel to lift more than the tractors original weight, and then you add weight to the rear as ballast, next thing you know your weight is 3-4 times what the original tractor weighed, that can easily turn into a dangerous situation. I have a fel, but its not on a garden tractor so I try not to get too involved with most GT fel threads.

I agree totally. I have a JD2320 compact that when ballasted weighs about 3500lbs. It's rated to lift 650 to full height and feels very safe doing that. I've seen people use a small GT like an MF10 to lift that much weight and it kinda makes you cringe. 

#8 propane1 OFFLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,115 Thanks
  • 3,206 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 02:50 PM

Steering box and front spindle are really even to light for the front mount snowblower. Broke steering box twice, front left spindle once and the drag link once on my lgt165 ford. Blowers are heavy. And I don't reef on the steering wheel. Noel.
  • KennyP and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#9 Lance Skene OFFLINE  

Lance Skene
  • 487 Thanks
  • 337 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 08:48 PM

Geeze, a couple ppl actually agree with me...lol

its funny because often somebody has jumped down for throat for bad mouthing their GTs, which is also why I dont often say much on the topic, but I did do alot of research on GT fels awhile back and in the end I went got myself an International Hydro 86 its 8000lbs, a little overkill but it was only $2400 with the fel on it, you cant hardly setup a GT fel any cheaper than that.

• propane1 said thank you