• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 JohnWR OFFLINE  

JohnWR
  • Member No: 34556
  • 322 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted April 13, 2015 - 10:17 PM

John the PO of my H16 put a Cub muffler on mine & it is too short. I was thinking of maybe extending the tip with a piece of tubing to get me thru & past the bracket. In spite of the surface rust it appears to be a new muffler. He also put a Cub seat on it too :(

attachicon.gifpic6.jpg

Sorry i missed your post i did test fit the cub muffler and while short it would work but i am going to keep the machine gun alive for now.

Out of my three tractors this one needs the least amount of work before use time to change to straight 30WT oil for summer and just fix my seat mount.

The mower deck is not so lucky needs bearings and blades ouch for me.

• Sawdust and RonelioKi have said thanks

#32 JohnWR OFFLINE  

JohnWR
  • 322 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted April 21, 2015 - 07:52 PM

So i got my mower deck rebuilt and installed it on the tractor. Installed new spindle bearings, blades and idler pulleys the belt was new last year. This was not a cheap experience by any means but mas is it quiet now.

DSC_0364.JPG

• Bolens 1000 and Sawdust have said thanks

#33 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted April 22, 2015 - 12:46 PM

So i got my mower deck rebuilt and installed it on the tractor. Installed new spindle bearings, blades and idler pulleys the belt was new last year. This was not a cheap experience by any means but mas is it quiet now.

attachicon.gifDSC_0364.JPG

I here that john... I had rebuilt my deck on my 1477 a few years ago,, and my wife found a 4" stump in the grass.. ( I warned her about it too )  Well, it blew out two spindles and the bearings, bent the blade and ripped the belt...   NOT a cheap fix....  ODD thing thou,, It shattered the bearings in half,, like they Exploded .. Cheap Chinese crap  I guess..

#34 JohnWR OFFLINE  

JohnWR
  • 322 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted May 24, 2015 - 09:24 PM

So things are not so peaceful in my mower camp at the moment the H16 is showing some signs of age. My wiring harness is shot it's been patched and hacked beyond repair but i am having issues finding a part number. The parts diagram on here and the other site only list up to the 3rd production run and mine was produced on the 4Th run. My H16 has the light control built into the ignition switch.

Second it stopped charging i think it needs a regulator but i want to replace the wiring first and work my way down.

Third and finally i adjusted the Governor and yet no matter what i try i can not achieve 3600 RPM. At full throttle it's at 3000 RPM but then i can manually open the throttle just a hair more to get me at 3600 RPM but i can't get the linkage to achieve this.