#1 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,804 Thanks
  • 2,216 posts

Posted May 30, 2014 - 03:58 PM

I have been meaning to got one for awhile, today I stopped at the locale wash station to do my allis tractor.  $3 per time I figured I would be able to do it in one shot, not even close :mad2:  I didn't even get the grease cleaned of before the thing stopped :mad2:.   So I put another three dollars into the stupid thing and hurried thru the rest, still didn't get my machine cleaned before it stopped again :mad2:.  $6 and I still didn't get my tractor cleaned!!!!!!!!!!! :wallbanging: :(

I am going to buy a pressure washer in the next two weeks if it the last thing I do.

• Sawdust said thank you

#2 smokestack76 OFFLINE  

smokestack76
  • Member No: 39328
  • 83 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted May 30, 2014 - 04:14 PM

Do it. But get gas. I got a electric one and i borrow my neighbors gas all the time. And mine supposedly has the same output. But no way. Gad powered is the way to go for sure!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Edited by smokestack76, May 30, 2014 - 04:15 PM.

• superaben and Sawdust have said thanks

#3 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,222 Thanks
  • 5,065 posts

Posted May 30, 2014 - 04:40 PM

my suggestion is buy one with a real Honda engine on it.  Not one of the briggs vertical shaft ones.  I had a Craftsman Briggs powered and had nothing but trouble with it.  Bought a Honda powered one and it is the best I've ever owned. 

2700PSI, 2.5GPM.

Works GREAT!

• Sawdust said thank you

#4 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted May 30, 2014 - 04:48 PM

I have one with a honda engine on it.  It is great.  I also have the variable tip nozzle because I don't like changing the tips for each application.

Good luck and let us know which one you get.

• Traill95 said thank you

#5 Traill95 ONLINE  

Traill95

Traill95

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8763
  • 1,566 Thanks
  • 914 posts

Posted May 30, 2014 - 05:14 PM

I have one with a honda engine on it.  It is great.  I also have the variable tip nozzle because I don't like changing the tips for each application.

Good luck and let us know which one you get.

What He Said.. I like mine with the Honda engine.  :thumbs:

#6 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted May 30, 2014 - 05:23 PM

I am not a guru, and maybe someone can correct me, but I never run mine with out the wand open and on.....and when it is time to quit spraying, I cut the motor off before I close the wand. Just seems I read some where that the motor running with the wand closed is harder on the pump.

I bought a sprayer with a Subaru motor on it, so far I have been pleased......but the pump has hesitated once or twice when using it.....got a little nervous when it did that....I will lend friends/family pretty much anything BUT this pressure washer.....they seem to be too temperamental for me offer to someone who may not run it as I think it needs to be run in order to last.......be interested to see what you end up with after everyone's input.

#7 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,795 Thanks
  • 2,192 posts

Posted May 30, 2014 - 05:32 PM

Definitely Honda engine. Couple other things to look for ( experience. 3rd one)
Quality pump. Think name brand so parts are available
Multiple tips or adjustable wand. Look for wand that uses interchangeable parts , between brands. (some karcher models are exclusive and expensive to replace)
Make sure you DO NOT leave anywhere it can freeze ( or even close) as seals blow. ( again experience here) Store it in basement if possible

Good luck in your search. You will not regret getting one. You'll be surprised how often you'll use it once it's around the house. Tom
  • petrj6 said thank you

#8 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,728 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted May 30, 2014 - 06:43 PM

I bought an electric for $40. It does Ok but not a real power house. Much better than pumping cash into the pay machine.  I have two gas powered ones that have needed repair for a while. I probably should get on that.

#9 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted May 30, 2014 - 08:25 PM

I made mines.

http://gardentractor...ed/#entry405560
  • superaben said thank you

#10 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted May 30, 2014 - 09:19 PM

I agree with those advocating putting a Honda on board.  If you buy quality, it will last you as long as you take care of it.  A Subaru is a good engine too on pressure washers. 

Ben W.

#11 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted May 30, 2014 - 10:20 PM

Same here, Honda all the way. I have a Karcher with a Honda.

#12 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,222 Thanks
  • 5,065 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 08:36 AM

I agree with those advocating putting a Honda on board.  If you buy quality, it will last you as long as you take care of it.  A Subaru is a good engine too on pressure washers. 

Ben W.

Subaru engines aren't bad in this application.  They are pretty close in design to the Honda engine.  Repair parts and such in my experience are a little harder to find.  Honda parts can be had all over.

• superaben said thank you

#13 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 05:45 PM

The MORE PSI and GPH that you can afford,,,,,,,,,the better job it will do and the better you will like it in the long run.  I have a Dewalt 4450 PSI and 4.5 GPH IIFC.........that thing is WICKED!   I second the HONDA power!

#14 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 06:01 PM

When I worked at the landfill we had a water truck that came from the oil fields. It had a 1000psi, 35 GPM pump on the side. I made a wand from 1" pipe and a ball valve. We used it to wash the mud out of the tracks on the Dozer. You couldn't use it at full pressure, it would pick up off the ground. But it only took about 30 to wash both sides out. Hehehehe
  • MH81, KennyP and sacsr have said thanks