#1 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted May 29, 2014 - 07:27 PM

Threw this up on the other fourm, 41 views and nothing, not even a reply, anyways,...

I know you guys will like this,..

Same as the Super Apache only as a tow behind.

Powered by Briggs I/C 8 hp engine, double chipper blades on the flywheel, heavy duty ridged grinder/shredder blades instead of flail type which is 20 '' wide, 3/4 '' screen, goes rather good, only thing i don't like is the feed chute is too narrow, loose leaves and straw tends to jam on the rubber deflector flap requiring a stick to poke it loose, i may modify it at some point.

Not a single thread of info can be found regarding this model, after a few evenings of searching the closest i can get is for the Gravely walk behinds model 5-20-VL link : http://www.google.co....,d.b2k&cad=rja

I would really like more information and hear from those who own one, Super Apache or Gravely mounted.

Apparently im missing some of the shredder bars and rollers, could someone help me with the sizing of the rollers so i can shred compost and such.

Attached Thumbnails

• ww_grinder_223c_.jpg
  • ww_grinder_223c....jpg
  • ww_grinder_223c.jpg
  • ww_grinder_223c..jpg
  • ww_grinder_223c-.jpg
  • ww_grinder_223c_l.JPG

• hamman, CRFarnsworth, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#2 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,804 Thanks
  • 2,216 posts

Posted May 29, 2014 - 08:02 PM

Not to sure about the shredder but that allis looks really familiar.  :bigrofl: :bigrofl:.  That shredder looks like it means business!!!!!  How big will it shred?

• trowel said thank you

#3 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted May 29, 2014 - 08:28 PM

Looks like a mean machine there, Jesse.  I guess I know where a Gravely attachment style machine is, I didn't know what it was called until you showed me, but the man won't sell although it is sitting outside and rusting to death.

Ben W.

• trowel said thank you

#4 lyall OFFLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,745 Thanks
  • 1,395 posts

Posted May 29, 2014 - 09:36 PM

I have two different WW Grinders - one is a model 62 with a 5 hp motor - the other is a Renegade 250 with a 8 hp motor

when I got they they came with the rods and roller and one screen

I have been looking for different screen for them

I did lost a couple rods and rollers - so I had the make new ones

the rods are 1/2" dia and I welded a washer on one end

the rollers are just 1/2" pipe

the roller are cut so that they just fit in and the rods I made about a 1/2" longer than the outside of my frame

the screens are not a half circle - closer to a U shape

the screen should be held in with 2 rods

that is what my manual show

you should be able to make 4 new rods about the same length as the 2 that are holding the screen in place

note the screen fits very tight

I have used the rods to remove the screen

then I have to beat it back in when I want to use the screen

it a rare the I use all 6 rods and rollers

most of the time a only use 3 or 4 rods and rollers

Edited by lyall, May 29, 2014 - 09:50 PM.

• trowel said thank you

#5 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted May 30, 2014 - 04:10 AM

Not to sure about the shredder but that allis looks really familiar.  :bigrofl: :bigrofl:.  That shredder looks like it means business!!!!!  How big will it shred?

I pushed it down to almost stall with 2 1/2 '' 3 '' branches but i usually save for firewood at that diameter, at that point it was dependent solely on the engine's power to keep it turning, with shredding/grinding it impressed me, can't keep the hopper full long enough to bog it down, i ground up just about anything i could get my hands on, tree trimmings, bush trimming, etc,.. it also seems if i go at a slight angle to the right or left of the knives i can feed it 1 '' whole branches, will take it out of my hands and eat it up quick.

Took off the screen and tried pulling it down with wet leaves/grass clippings and it just shred it out barely breathing hard, might be because it is wide open without the bars/rollers but the hopper opening is rather narrow and jams so i can't shove too much in there at one time, thinking of modifying it bigger and cutting up a bigger rubber defector flap, was struggling a bit to get the branches past the rubber flap anyways.

Yeah :D  Allis is doing me good, wish i had more time with her, have new front tires and axle bearings/seals and rear axle seals along with new tranny bearings/seals to put in, input bearing seal is leaking a bit so i figured on replacing the bearing also while im there, still waiting for the diesel engine :(

• boyscout862 said thank you

#6 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted May 30, 2014 - 04:33 AM

Looks like a mean machine there, Jesse.  I guess I know where a Gravely attachment style machine is, I didn't know what it was called until you showed me, but the man won't sell although it is sitting outside and rusting to death.

Ben W.

Makes me sad to hear of it, you might save it ? it seems the style of shredder/grinder the Gravleys and mines is of an old pattern with the cast iron sides and huge cast iron bearing holders and ridged knives pre-dating the later all welded steel ones with flail type knives.

I have two different WW Grinders - one is a model 62 with a 5 hp motor - the other is a Renegade 250 with a 8 hp motor

when I got they they came with the rods and roller and one screen

I have been looking for different screen for them

I did lost a couple rods and rollers - so I had the make new ones

the rods are 1/2" dia and I welded a washer on one end

the rollers are just 1/2" pipe

the roller are cut so that they just fit in and the rods I made about a 1/2" longer than the outside of my frame

the screens are not a half circle - closer to a U shape

the screen should be held in with 2 rods

that is what my manual show

you should be able to make 4 new rods about the same length as the 2 that are holding the screen in place

note the screen fits very tight

I have used the rods to remove the screen

then I have to beat it back in when I want to use the screen

it a rare the I use all 6 rods and rollers

most of the time a only use 3 or 4 rods and rollers

Lyall,

Many thanks, i shall see about making the rollers with the 1/2 pipe and that is a great idea with welding the washer at the end of the rods, i currently have 2 original and a slightly smaller rod holding the screen in, i did not know about putting the rods back in for shredding wet stuff until i fully read the Gravley manual that evening, that is really neat and i am very pleased with it's shredding performances when compared with the newer chipper/shredders which always clogs at the discharge chute even with the screen removed.

Yeah, the screen seems more of a U-shape, in very good shape and not beat up which is nice.

Your Renegade 250, is it of the fixed knives type like mines and at 8 hp power for that size shredder/chipper what are your personal opinions ?

Im looking, thinking and if i have the time/money, might yank the Briggs 8 hp to re-power the WW Grinder Super Tomahawk which is underpowered anyways with the Techumseh H50, mabey sell that and bolt in a high speed single cylinder or twin cylinder diesel engine, up in the air for now,....

• superaben said thank you

#7 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,742 Thanks
  • 7,514 posts

Posted May 30, 2014 - 07:36 AM

It all looks good. Does the B10 have a new seat? I was thinking of ordering one from the simpletractors site. Good Luck, Rick

• trowel said thank you

#8 lyall OFFLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,745 Thanks
  • 1,395 posts

Posted May 30, 2014 - 09:16 PM

Trowel

my Renegade 250 only has one chipper cutter

with the 3/4" screen it shreds stuff purity good

the chipper cutter can be sharpen 

I do not think you can buy new cutter for it - I have looked aground and can not find any.

Be you can help a machine shop make they

be careful with the rubber defector flap - mine does throughs things out from time to time 

when Toro brought out WW Grinder they did make a unit like your but it had a 11 hp Briggs on it

• trowel said thank you

#9 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 04:43 AM

It all looks good. Does the B10 have a new seat? I was thinking of ordering one from the simpletractors site. Good Luck, Rick

Thanks, it is original with the seat seams busted, just can't see it in the pictures.

You might try Sandy Lake Imp. also, pricy compared with the plain Simplicity ones due to the arm rest but i plan on replacing the seat also.

Edited by trowel, May 31, 2014 - 04:45 AM.

#10 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 04:56 AM

Trowel

my Renegade 250 only has one chipper cutter

with the 3/4" screen it shreds stuff purity good

the chipper cutter can be sharpen 

I do not think you can buy new cutter for it - I have looked aground and can not find any.

Be you can help a machine shop make they

be careful with the rubber defector flap - mine does throughs things out from time to time 

when Toro brought out WW Grinder they did make a unit like your but it had a 11 hp Briggs on it

Ah, very cool, i googled the Renegade and see it falls under the classification of shredder/mulcher, you got a nice big hopper.

The Renegade looks like a solid machine. Don't worry, the modification im thinking of doing is just to open up the chute opening a few more inches or more, cut up and mount on a new rubber defector cover.

Shredder/grinders will fire a chunk at very high speed just like a mower deck from the discharge chute, i have scars that attest to that.