• Member No: 8613
  • 2,049 Thanks
  • 2,429 posts

Posted May 29, 2014 - 06:21 AM

1st- 2418:
Loaded rear tires
has the newer (*better) style 3pt hitch,
Kohler K361, 18 hp OHV engine

I have been using this machine for about 7 years and it has never let me down. Couple years after owning it it started to smoke a little in the fall presenting the ideal time to give the motor a refresh with new piston (engine is still standard bore; 3.75"), rings, gaskets, valve lapping, governor gear,fuel pump, points & condenser, coil, new wiring, transmissions removed and inspected, etc..

Tractor is quite solid the way it sets but does need the following:
-New choke and throttle cable, deck belt snapped last year and wrapped against the cable :(
-Brakes need adjusting, never were that great for me
-I have to add air to one of the front

tires couple times a year

2nd- 2414
Kohler K321,. 14 hp
Category 0 3pt hitch
rear wheel weights
Single transmission

This I picked up in early 2013. Engine bore was worn so I took the block to Wades Machine Shop in Watkins Glen and went .030 over and reassembled it. New rod, piston, rings, a replaced worn crankshaft, lapped valves, and new points and condenser. All of the hydro lines were made up new at CarQuest in Watkins. This Tractor still needs some things to make it complete:

Wire the front lights
Connect the 12V wire to the electric clutch
Throttle and choke cable replaced
Some paint

Battery is good, charges well, category 1 3pt hitch (purchased the arms off ebay some years ago), good tires, good clutch--- I have front turf tires too if you would rather them instead?

Separate I have a 48" cut deck that I tore down two springs ago and undercoated and painted that functions and works well, new blades last year- can go on either tractor

A 48" plow that's in great shape and served well in dirt and snow-
Pictured on the 2414

Set of potato hillers- never used them but the bearings are great and spin free on them

Reason for selling (always important to know): the property at our new home has some steep hillsides I upgraded to a Steiner 430.
Note: the 2414 (one with decals still partially taped off [previous owner]) has an "A" frame on the 3 pt hitch that doubles as a sleeve hitch (custom) and sorry, but not included

Any questions or comments email me and I'll get back to you. If you see this add, equipment is still for sale. Can deliver for gas $, not a problem!

• sacsr said thank you

#2 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted May 29, 2014 - 06:59 AM

Nice PK's. Someone will be getting good tractors!

#3 superaben OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted May 29, 2014 - 08:22 PM

Boy those things look tough.  I almost looked at one around here the guy was asking a mint for... and it sold for that mint.

Ben W.