• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 catfisherokie OFFLINE  

catfisherokie
  • Member No: 48283
  • 14 Thanks
  • 31 posts

Posted May 29, 2014 - 01:43 AM

Hi everyone. I got an 84 318 today and am excited to get working on it after reading some of your posts about it. It was pretty much dis-assembled so I have not taken any pics yet. It is going to need some tlc but is supposed to be a runner. We shall see... I knew very little about the John Deere tractors but have learned a lot from reading previous posts. It is amazing the knowledge you guys have here! Any ideas of where to look for manuals on this? They are kinda pricey through the JD website. Wiring diagrams is my first order of business. Got some loose  wires hanging around and a switch missing. 

Thanks for any help and advice.

Bill

• sacsr said thank you

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 29, 2014 - 06:17 AM

Hi Bill, congrats on the new tractor. For parts diagrams they are available online at the JDparts.com website. You just do a model search for 318 and pick the tractor from the list. I may have some information that will help with the wiring, I'll have to check tonight.

• catfisherokie said thank you

#3 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted May 29, 2014 - 06:53 AM

Congrats on the purchase! It IS a good feeling bringing one home! Hope it works out for you and it runs like a charm, once it is back up and running!

#4 hdg4400 OFFLINE  

hdg4400

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6945
  • 255 Thanks
  • 327 posts

Posted May 29, 2014 - 08:45 AM

catfisherokie:

Welcome to the 318 Owners club. I sent you a Personal Message (PM) about some info I have on the 318.

Harlan

#5 catfisherokie OFFLINE  

catfisherokie
  • 14 Thanks
  • 31 posts

Posted May 29, 2014 - 10:45 AM

Hi Bill, congrats on the new tractor. For parts diagrams they are available online at the JDparts.com website. You just do a model search for 318 and pick the tractor from the list. I may have some information that will help with the wiring, I'll have to check tonight.

Thank you Brian! I can use all the info I can get! I have a feeling the wiring is going to be a challenge for me but thats half the fun figuring that stuff out.

#6 catfisherokie OFFLINE  

catfisherokie
  • 14 Thanks
  • 31 posts

Posted May 29, 2014 - 10:48 AM

catfisherokie:

Welcome to the 318 Owners club. I sent you a Personal Message (PM) about some info I have on the 318.

Harlan

Thanks Harlan! Do you guys do service calls to Oklahoma City???? I have met one other Okie so far here. I bet there are more though.

#7 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 310 Thanks
  • 604 posts

Posted June 07, 2014 - 09:30 AM

Congrats on the 318 find.  I am looking high and low for something like that but 99% of them have been way out of my price range.

Actually I am just wanting to find any of them with the H2 or H3 set up..