Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

need some advice! I might sell everything!!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• Member No: 84
  • 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 07:19 AM

Hello,
Due to lack of garage space, time, money, which causes lack of motivation for me I may sell 90% of my bolens fleet. I was wondering if you guys could help me putting prices on a package deal for all of them. I have a 1050, I recently restored, but is showing some wear because I use it often. It would come with a mower deck, 36" round back snow caster, cab, and tiller. Runs well, needs a few small adjustments(carb or points). I have a 1253, need the flywheel installed, and will run, with 36" snow caster, and chains. Then I have a 1256, with mower deck. It runs but needs carb work. Then theres a g14 for strickly parts. I will post the pics I have below. Let me know what you guys would ask if you had this fleet and were gonna sell them as a package. Thanks!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• bolens snowblowing.jpg
  • bolens 1253 gas tank side.jpg
  • bolens 1256 gas tank side.jpg
  • g 14 with deck..jpg
  • rototiller #2..jpg

#2 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 08:40 AM

I can't give you a price as I'am sure other's would agree.I'am pretty sure you have a figure in mind as too what you'd like to get for them.One running tractor and the other one's are basically parts?? I know your saying that they only need a few things done to make them run!! but anyone who has bought stuff knows that they may run but will need all kinds of stuff done to them to make them run good again. Oil burner,motor's shot,trans worn out,leaking oil everywhere.The list goes on and on.You should be the one setting a price as only you know what you want to get for them.{ I'am sure your not giving them away} Other wise we'd all be on your door step if you said for free.LOL Larry

#3 awol OFFLINE  

awol

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1576
  • 77 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 08:50 AM

Sorry to hear you are getting rid of all your Bolens!!:(:(:( I think the 1050 with cab would be around $600.00-$800.00 the 1253-1256 and the G14 might get $700.00 for the three of them. So a package deal would be around $1200.00 to $1400.00 on a good day. I will take the cab though if you decide to part them out LoL. You would get allot more if you sold them individually or part them out. They are worth more than that but with the economy the way it is people tend to have deep pockets and short arms. That my .2 I hope you get what they are worth!! I’m sure that someone here will inspire you to hold on to them and maybe get a temporary shelter to keep them in.

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 09:09 AM

I hate seeing anyone getting rid of their stuff. Maybe it is being overwhelmed? I would keep the 1050 and all the attachments for it and sell off the other ones. You would definitely do better selling them for parts. I know it is a sad thing to say but without any being parted there wouldnt be near any parts available for those that want to keep em running.

#5 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,685 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 12:58 PM

Thats terrible that you have to get rid of your Bolens.:( :( :(........ As a package deal i could not give you a estimate.

If you have to sell them I'd go seperately as a package deal for all would be quite expensive and with the economy I cant see you selling of them together.

I really hope you keep them...... They really dont take up that much space do they? Pack them tightly together. Worst comes to worst put a tarp over them and keep em outside.

My 2 Cents.....

#6 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 01:26 PM

Well brian, back in 2009 I bought a cub cadet gt3200. BIG MISTAKE!!! Its giving me issues, doesn't mow well, has trouble with the steep incline in my yard, and quality just seems poor on the whole machine. I originally wanted a sub compact, or j.d. garden tractor but settled on the gt3200 because of lack of money. So I have acquired many other machines to do work over the past few years, and since Ive had issues with the gt3200 its get used just to mow grass. The 1050 does the snow removal, rototilling and dump trailer towing, but it has been in need of repairs a few times this summer and the worst it has come apart a few times this winter. I fixed it and its working well currently. The other bolens both need work, and I also have a farmall A that works just fine. I used it to help clean up some trees on my property, but its a 1941, and it could use some work. I have absolutely no room. Everytime I gotta fix something I get more aggervated looking for things, climbing over things, and trying to make my way to my tool box then I do working. So the wife said if I dump the cub on trade, and put the others for sale I can buy the sub compact Ive always wanted. But I did tell her that I wont give my machines away, so if they dont sell, they dont sell!! She agreed!

#7 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,685 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 01:37 PM

If I was in the need of another Bolens I'd take them off your hands for you.... But since I got 3 Working Decks, 1 good Blower about 3 Working tillers, And my 3 work horse Bolens (1050,850,900) . I simply dont need anymore. Basically All I'm doing now is Hunting down a 600 or a ride-a -matic or Ridemaster for collecting purposes.

Wish you luck in selling your Stuff........ Just a thought..... mabye sell off the stuff you have and buy a reliable Large frame like an 1886 or HT 20.

#8 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 02:10 PM

Fonz,
I wish we lived closer, I would look at this as a package deal. Since we don't, I would list them here, and /or list the mon the other sale sites. Try listing them seperatly fist then if they don't sell, bunch them together. I would do a listing with one tractor and all the attachments that will fit it, sell the other as tractor only or parts machines.
I hope this helps and dosn't insult you, just my two cents worth.

#9 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 03:02 PM

That's to bad you are selling off your Bolens goodies.I would hate to put a price on someone else's stuff.

#10 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 05:11 PM

I am sorry to hear you may be selling. Sounds like a nice collection. I do feel your discussing it with the wife, trading the cub and selling the Bolens' is not a bad plan. I have climbed over stuff that hadn't moved for years at dad's place. He decided a couple years ago to trade in some less dependable tractors for a compact with a FEL. There is a lot to be said for a machine that starts, does what you want it to and does other things without constant repair. What are you looking at to get for a scut?
I wish I could help you with pricing, but ethically, I can't say I might not be interested in some of your stuff.
Good luck with your endeavor.

#11 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 08:02 PM

fonz3482, I just wanted to offer some food for thought. Several years ago I did just what you're talking about (clearing out the garage) for exactly the same reason (tired of climbing over stuff). I got rid of a Cub 108, a Wheel Horse C141, An older Craftsman, and another Wheel Horse that I don't remember the model of. I'm still kicking myself for doing it! It sounds like you've put some thought into it so I hope that whatever you decide, it works out for you!

#12 fonz3482 ONLINE  

fonz3482

Tractorholic

• 765 Thanks
  • 590 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 08:42 PM

well daytime dave Im currently looking at a massey ferguson gc2400, w/52" mid mower, fel, and rear blower, massey offers great long term 0% financing, and the best trade value on my cub. Next choice would be a jd 2305, but there discontinued til the new 1 series comes out. So I got a price on a j.d. 1 series but my trade value from j.d. on my cub is $1100 less, and there financing isnt good. So if i bought a jd I could only get a mower, and fel at the price of the massey with all 3 attach. last choice is a kubota bx2360. Its last because I havent found a kubota dealer around here that wants to give me a qoute. I did call 1 local dealer, and he gave me a low ball trade value on my cub, so I didnt go any further with that dealer. So those are my cut choices. Im gonna sell off the my farmall A 1st, then my 1253,1256, and g14. last will be the 1050. The 1050 was given to me by my father, and I did partially restore it. Soooo That will stay til the end!

#13 Meangreen OFFLINE  

Meangreen

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 31
  • 94 Thanks
  • 300 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 09:04 PM

The 1050 was given to me by my father, and I did partially restore it. Soooo That will stay til the end!

Sounds like the 1050 needs to stay-put, one of those things you'll kick yourself over later...

#14 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,292 Thanks
  • 28,623 posts

Posted January 26, 2011 - 10:43 PM

Sounds like the 1050 needs to stay-put, one of those things you'll kick yourself over later...

:ditto:
As long as there's room in the garage, or in the yard, or even to another relatives house...
Dad's tractor needs to have a good home.

#15 Nascar3244888 OFFLINE  

Nascar3244888

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1218
  • 164 Thanks
  • 593 posts

Posted January 27, 2011 - 09:31 AM

I did the same thing too bud I had to get rid of some tractors because I was getting a shed and didn't have room for everything so I got rid of a few tractors...one of which was a Bolens 600. I wish everyday since then that I would have kept it and rebuilt the engine imho I would keep what u got. U may not get what u want for them...I would sit on it a while...

Edited by Nascar3244888, January 27, 2011 - 06:27 PM.