• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted May 28, 2014 - 12:03 PM

I finally got the deck on my 1556...   What a JOB..  The tractor and deck were from different family's and so that my have been most of the problem.. Trying to get the 4 pivot points to line up took hours..

I have lots of ????? about puting deck on,,, but i will go slow and hope I say it right...

First,,,,  I did get it on... :dancingbanana:     with a pry bar and hammer... and it runs really well, but it's got to be easier than that..

There are 2  ear shaped lobes on the support going from side to side.. the support that goes up and over the gear box... 1 lobe on each side...        ARE those held on with allen screws,to adjust in and out..???---  If so,,, that would have helped... I couldn't find an allen to fit it.. No size seemed to be right.. Maybe stripped...? 

Is it easier to mount the arms on the tractor first,, then the deck to the arms.. or all in one assembly on deck, and up to the tractor..??

When raiseing the deck,, hydrollicly , it only wants to raise one side..  I Do need to adjust the deck yet. ( one side is 3" one side is 21/4 )   But the  right side where the lift arm is,, is the only side that lifts.. I have the manual for adjusting and that is next..( No rain please )

I would like to take the deck back off to get a better look at these things ,,But it's such a job..

And I need to adjust the lift lever...to lower ,,,seems to be out of adjustment.. It's hard to even see it without taking the side cover off,, which I don't want to do if possible..

I have more ???? to come as ,this is my first  tube frame   Thanks         sodi

#2 Bigdaddydon ONLINE  

Bigdaddydon

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1755
  • 75 Thanks
  • 229 posts

Posted May 28, 2014 - 03:51 PM

We definitely need some pics of your set up to give you good direction.

• sodisr and MyBolens1053 have said thanks

#3 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,669 Thanks
  • 17,196 posts

Posted May 28, 2014 - 06:46 PM

Pictures are a must to see what Model Deck you are dealing with.

Bolens always Claimed you could install these decks in minutes, but It normally takes about 5 minutes for me to get mine on.

• sodisr said thank you

#4 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted May 30, 2014 - 07:24 AM

This is the best pic I can come up with..

And it's going on a 1556 tube framebolens mower deck.jpg

Is there a better manual than the one in our manuals section,, that came from Sonnys..??  I can see it OK on the computer... But I printed it out for the garage to go step by step,,and pages 3--4--5   the pics are almost washed out..

Edited by sodisr, May 30, 2014 - 07:31 AM.

#5 Bigdaddydon ONLINE  

Bigdaddydon

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1755
  • 75 Thanks
  • 229 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 09:24 AM

I wanted to put a deck with that setup on my 1256.  I could not see how the lift brackets would work with the hydro so I ended up switching the mounting from the old deck to the new one.  Had to drill 2 holes but it works like a charm.  It is my weekly mower.

#6 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,669 Thanks
  • 17,196 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 09:25 AM

Oh boy...... I call that one the 20 minute plus deck :D

I dont know why Bolens made the later series decks so complicated but these can be a bit of a chore to put on.

I dont have any decks like this here so I cant help with installation pics, I may be able to pull a owners manual from the stack that may be of some help to you.....

• sodisr said thank you

#7 JohnWR OFFLINE  

JohnWR
  • Member No: 34556
  • 322 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted May 31, 2014 - 08:13 PM

That mower deck really is a 1 minute deck if you have the right parts to hook it up.

You need four pins like these.

DSC_0204_zps68c90e41.jpg

This is how it's hung on the pins

DSC_0035-1_zps972fa589.jpg

And this is the correct lift bracket for a hydro tractor

DSC_0205_zps0725f0b7.jpg

• sodisr said thank you

#8 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted June 02, 2014 - 10:45 AM

Thanks   DR.  B   I could use better instructions...

John  WR  Thats exactly what I have... It's on the tractor  now but what a job...I'm thinking I should have taken one side of the support bracket off,,and assemble it in pieces on the tractor,after blocking it up to the right level..The springs on front seemed to have so much tension to alien the pins..

John,,,,,,,,  If you ever have time,,,,  maybe you could give a   blow   BY  blow   as how to do it        EASILY  !!

Thanks         sodi

#9 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,669 Thanks
  • 17,196 posts

Posted June 02, 2014 - 11:52 AM

Hope this helps, its for the 38'' Decks but the mounting is the same as the 42''

Attached Files

• sodisr said thank you