18 replies to this topic

#16 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted August 04, 2011 - 01:55 PM

Whatever you got throw it in. I do like to sautee jalepono and put a bit in and will top any omlette with Salsa.

#17 Guest_ACguy1994_*

Guest_ACguy1994_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 22, 2011 - 02:07 PM

well when i make an omelet, i add babunyas hot seasoning to the eggs, some habanaro power, and shredded cheese. then in the omelet i put bacon and browned cold-cut ham and a few slices of american cheese. trick is to cook the bacon in the pan first with butter, so these that nice flavored grease that soaks into the egg. best thing on the face of the earth to eat.

#18 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted November 25, 2011 - 06:58 AM

Dont normally cruise this part of the site but the title of this thread caught my eye. The local restaurant makes their "King" omelet. 4 eggs, ham, bacon, hashbrowns inside, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, cheese. If I go in REALLY hungry I can eat it all!! Oh and they always have homemade whole wheat bread for the toast. Yum Yum.

Omelets are also one of our favorite make at home items and probably my "signature dish". Although the crockpot and I can make a mean beef roast, I have always loved to cook op a good omelet.

If I can offer a few tips, this is how I do it:
Always whip your eggs together with seasonings you are using (I never add milk) using a fork or a whisk and a glass bowl. You are trying to get some air incorporated into the eggs, whip them up good, it really helps you make nice and fluffy omelets when you cook them.
Use a preheated non stick or well seasoned cast iron pan with a tight fitting, preferably glass lid(lets you watch the top of the omelet as it cooks). Med low to med hi depending on your stove (if the omelet splits when you fold it in half, or the bottom is crunchy, the pan was too hot).
A little butter in the pan and pour in the whipped eggs, put the lid on and watch for the top to get just done, then throw in your pre-warmed additives and top that with cheese. Remove from heat, recover for a minute to get cheese nice and melty then fold and serve.
Sorry if that is just to basic and you all knew that stuff already. But these are tips that I was taught as a youngster when working at a restaurant, and I have passed that info along to un-knowers for a long time:smilewink:
  • daytime dave, Alc and KennyP have said thanks

#19 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted November 25, 2011 - 01:52 PM

Making me hungry.