Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
Wanted

Need Parts For True Value Lawn Chief........

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,630 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted May 26, 2014 - 03:47 PM

Looking for  the steering selector gear, pinion gear and steering shaft. Looking for good used parts if possible. Thanks.

Roger. 

For this LT                DSCF4344.JPG

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,668 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted May 26, 2014 - 08:40 PM

I worked at True Value when they came out with these new lawn tractors. Many parts were made in their new stamping plant where they made shovels, wheelbarrows and many items to sell in thier stores. The whole plant didn't last long and ended up a paint making place for awhile and now is all empty. Harvard, ILL on a main street. It is Icky Pink on outside now and looks awful. The real big hydros they had were nice and heavier. Not sure they made those themselves, think maybe MTD or ??  I bet it is real hard to find parts for the lawn tractors, but you might look at mtd and other places, would think that Cotter and Co. would have bought lots of ready made pieces to save money. I wonder if a True Value or Cotter would even back them up for parts anymore. Have you tried to ask at one? Let us know what they say. 

• hamman said thank you

#3 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,630 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted May 30, 2014 - 10:01 AM

I went to the local True Value store and they remember selling this tractor to a gentleman locally who is now deceased. They sold only 3 more during the time. I asked if they knew where I might find parts and they said there were never parts available, but MTD or AYP was supposed to of made parts for them. I haven't been able to find any yet.    Thanks for the info. Pretty interesting.                                                                                          Roger

#4 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted May 30, 2014 - 09:12 PM

It looks like a Dynamark/Noma built machine to me but I have been known to be mistaken before.

• hamman said thank you

#5 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,630 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted June 03, 2014 - 04:25 PM

Picture of the steering selector and pinion gear and shaft I need for this tractor. Shaft is supposed to have a bolt, washer and lock washer on bottom. This one has been welded so I can't get the old gears off and new on with out cutting steering shaft. Does anyone know if this shaft is hollow or solid? I can't tell for sure.   Thanks                                                                              Roger.DSCF7261.JPG

#6 fordman_19912000 OFFLINE  

fordman_19912000
  • Member No: 55241
  • 15 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 08:25 PM

its built by ayp had a simlier one 

• hamman said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wanted