• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 24, 2014 - 09:51 PM

Man, this has been a very long week. I have had to work longer then normal hrs at the shop trying to get 3 different jobs out early next week and we have had end of year band concerts and awards banquets at both the middle and high school. After 12 hrs today, the jobs are ready for the truck and I'm off til Tuesday. Hopefully next week will be a little easier with only 1 after work event during the week, then a big 16th birthday party Saturday evening for my oldest Daughter. I have received parts for my BH and haven't even had a chance to work on it, except at lunch time.

I hope everyone has a Great Memorial Day and Please remember why we Celebrate the Day. :usa:

• KennyP, sacsr, trowel and 9 others have said thanks

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,751 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted May 24, 2014 - 09:53 PM

Just think of all the extra help you will have in two weeks when school lets out!

• Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP, tinbender7 and 2 others have said thanks

#3 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted May 24, 2014 - 09:58 PM

Just think of all the extra help you will have in two weeks when school lets out!

We'll get you yet for child abuse if you try to go for too much slave labor.  :rolling:

Ben W.

• Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP, trowel and 2 others have said thanks

#4 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted May 24, 2014 - 11:23 PM

I hope you can relax and recuperate Brian.  Enjoy this long weekend.  

I'm at camp and after two days of work here, it's time to go fishing tomorrow.

• Texas Deere and Horse and boyscout862 have said thanks

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,475 Thanks
  • 39,715 posts

Posted May 25, 2014 - 05:33 AM

Glad you got a couple days off, Brian!

• boyscout862 said thank you

#6 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted May 25, 2014 - 05:50 AM

I'm glad you're finally able to breathe a bit Brian. I get the long days, but that's about all I can handle.  Good you get a 3 day weekend to rest.

• Texas Deere and Horse and boyscout862 have said thanks

#7 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted May 25, 2014 - 05:51 AM

I hear ya.  My long week has lasted since August of last year.  Two projects, one in New York and one in Florida.  Nights, weekends, holidays and all nighters.  Finally done with one and the other has been pushed back a little which gives me time to relax a little and take on another one.  If it's good to be busy, I must be in heaven.  Sure doesn't feel like it sometimes.  I have the same band concerts to attend and we're chaperones for the marching band as well so every Friday night in the fall we're off to another game.  One more year of this and we're done.

• Texas Deere and Horse, sacsr and boyscout862 have said thanks

#8 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,313 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted May 25, 2014 - 07:21 AM

Ryan had to give up band last year because of class conflicts and KK will have to this coming year. They both enjoyed playing trumpet, but the schooling comes first.

Been a busy week for us as well, and yesterday we were more productive than I thought we would be. Maybe able to take part of Monday off and just veg with the family.
  • Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#9 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted May 25, 2014 - 07:27 AM

Glad for the weekend for you. I was telling my wife the other day I thought with the kids grown we would have more time but not. Four grand kids & soon a fifth keeps us busy but we love it. Life is really good when you don't have time to get bored.

• sacsr said thank you

#10 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted May 25, 2014 - 07:36 AM

Ryan had to give up band last year because of class conflicts and KK will have to this coming year. They both enjoyed playing trumpet, but the schooling comes first.

Been a busy week for us as well, and yesterday we were more productive than I thought we would be. Maybe able to take part of Monday off and just veg with the family.

Vicky would have to under different circimstances but she's been able to hang on.  Our school offers summer gym which she is in right now.  Summer gym opens up your schedule for more academic classes because you don't have to take gym during the school year.  It helps a lot.

• sacsr said thank you

#11 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 25, 2014 - 01:35 PM

I hear ya.  My long week has lasted since August of last year.  Two projects, one in New York and one in Florida.  Nights, weekends, holidays and all nighters.  Finally done with one and the other has been pushed back a little which gives me time to relax a little and take on another one.  If it's good to be busy, I must be in heaven.  Sure doesn't feel like it sometimes.  I have the same band concerts to attend and we're chaperones for the marching band as well so every Friday night in the fall we're off to another game.  One more year of this and we're done.

We do the very same thing on chaperoning the ball games during marching season, if we're not chaperoning, we're in the concession stand. We will have both girls in the marching bade in this year., Our oldest Daughter will be 1 of the 3 Drum Majors the band has and our other Daughter will be marching with a Saxophone as a Freshman.

I'm glad you're finally able to breathe a bit Brian. I get the long days, but that's about all I can handle.  Good you get a 3 day weekend to rest.

I worked all day yesterday at the shop so I only get 2 days off, and Briley our oldest has STATE UIL Ensemble competition in Austin all day tomorrow.

#12 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,081 posts

Posted May 25, 2014 - 05:24 PM

Kids must do a lot more extra stuff these days. When I was a kid I wasn't involved in anything. I worked doing chores and worked for people in the neighborhood cutting grass and doing odd jobs.

My parents asked me if I wanted to play a sport and i told them it would get in the way of me making money.
  • Texas Deere and Horse and Sawdust have said thanks

#13 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 25, 2014 - 05:34 PM

Kids must do a lot more extra stuff these days. When I was a kid I wasn't involved in anything. I worked doing chores and worked for people in the neighborhood cutting grass and doing odd jobs.

My parents asked me if I wanted to play a sport and i told them it would get in the way of me making money.

Kids today can't do the jobs we used to do at that young of an age. I was always working either on a farm, Ours or someone Else's. Or mowing yards, putting up hay, shoveling sidewalks and driveways or anything to make money. Today most people won't even give a kid under 16 yrs old a chance to do anything like that. We keep are kids into everything we can to help round them out and also to make their College Apps look better, now a days it all about get them into the best College you can and getting them the most financial help you can.

• olcowhand said thank you