#16 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted May 25, 2014 - 05:57 AM

Lol, lol, i know what you mean !!! oh my, Gilson tractors :poke: oh boy !!

My friend has a WW Grinder 223C chipper/grinder that is powered by a newer I/C 8 hp Briggs im trying to get off him cheap, im doing the same thing as you by working on his stuff, i keep offering sweet deals but he is having trouble letting it go so im working him, it has sat for at least 1 1/2 years and knowing him it will sit for another 5 before he sells it, was a running working unit when parked and i have been walking by it for months. Now that i have been offered a lister Petter AC2 of 12 hp i could re-power it with and the coil on the 8 hp Briggs that is currently powering my smaller chipper/shredder is bad im really pushing for it not just for the unit but the engine.

It never does stop and this is between house/home/yard/part time job and full time job,....sometime you feel like your just banging you head against the wall :wallbanging:

The tube frame Bolens sounds like a sweetheart waiting for a lover to find her, same with the Sears, snatch them up Rick !!!!! best of luck and good working weather :thumbs:

Edited by trowel, May 25, 2014 - 06:00 AM.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#17 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,794 Thanks
  • 7,541 posts

Posted May 25, 2014 - 06:11 AM

I'm really considering not taking any tractors other than the Gilson. I am thinking of helping him pull them out to his front lawn and having him sell them. He needs the money. The other tractors paid for his new furnace. I have too many tractors and projects, I can't have all that I want. He is a cool old guy that I've had many loooong conversations with and he lives only 2 mile from me. I figure I could post whats for sale for him and he'd be in better shape financially. If I post it here a friend may get it. He'd get alot more than the $20 a piece the scrap yard gives. Good Luck, Rick
  • trowel said thank you

#18 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted May 25, 2014 - 06:21 AM

That's for sure, my uncle took in 4 loads and it was pathetic but it was evident it would never go back up and the pile was getting bigger and bigger, after fuel cost not much was gained but on a good note all that metal is gone.

You are doing him a great favor and are a good friend to him, i wish you all the best and i hope members on this fourm are reading this so they can spread the word and find new homes for the tractors.

In that case i look forwards to you restros of what you have and lean on me for help/parts if needed i might have or find something.

Edited by trowel, May 25, 2014 - 06:22 AM.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#19 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted June 18, 2014 - 05:43 AM

Hey, i ended up with the hydraulic motors anyways, 5 of them given to me, also got a Bolens drive shaft, small lift cylinders and right angle gear box, very cool.

Well,... chuck the motors into storage, these are reversible, cool, read that the gear types could aso be used as a pump, wonder of i could do that to one of the motors to power the lift cylinder ?

As for the lift cylinders, got two sizes. Any one out there with a Simplicity Landlord that has the original hydraulic lift assy ? i need to know how long the cylinder stroke is ?

Thanks.