• johndeereelfman said thank you

#17 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted May 23, 2014 - 04:43 PM

My opinion is that you have done nothing wrong. On a boundray fence it would seem that each party could,should,would have the responsibility to maintain his side. If it bugs you that they do not maintain their side and your willing to, I would say no harm no foul.

Now on the otherhand, I have a section of my property that the neighbor wants to buy. It is on the far end of my pasture and butts up to his lawn (it is fenced) I consider it pasture and do not mow it like he does his lawn. That bugs him.
He has offered to mow it???
I am resisting that, since after mowing it for a period of time he could file a mechanics lean and confiscate my property??
I dont think so!!

Edited by JD DANNELS, May 23, 2014 - 04:44 PM.

• MH81 and johndeereelfman have said thanks

#18 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted May 23, 2014 - 07:08 PM

Fences can be tricky. If you had cut their hedge or bushes etc. you could have an issue. However only a real nincompoop would complain about you trimming the grass out of the fence. Hey fences are pretty pricey, you are only maintaining value.

#19 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted May 23, 2014 - 07:50 PM

Fences can be tricky. If you had cut their hedge or bushes etc. you could have an issue. However only a real nincompoop would complain about you trimming the grass out of the fence. Hey fences are pretty pricey, you are only maintaining value.

That reminds me of a story. I once had a neighbor who was a real jerk!! He raised fancy doberman pincher show dogs and hauled them arround in a converted greyhound bus. We had clashed a time or two since my kids could not play in the backyard w/o his dogs raising cain. He had about 4 acres and a neighbor to the NE of him cut down a walnut tree that was growing up in the fence !/2 on each side of the fence. He sued him for $475 dollars value of the tiimber??
  • MH81 and johndeereelfman have said thanks

#20 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,306 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted May 23, 2014 - 08:07 PM

He has offered to mow it???
I am resisting that, since after mowing it for a period of time he could file a mechanics lean and confiscate my property??
I dont think so!!

I believe that if you give him permission and draw up an agreement that stipulates he may mow the area as he wishes, but that it in no way gives him any rights or ability to claim lein against the property... Blah Blah Blah.  You'd want to check with a lawyer, but the only time it happens up here is if you can show that the person was unaware you had been doing the upkeep for more than 7 years or you asked them to do it and you dont pay them.

#21 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,306 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted May 23, 2014 - 08:09 PM

That reminds me of a story. I once had a neighbor who was a real jerk!! He raised fancy doberman pincher show dogs and hauled them arround in a converted greyhound bus. We had clashed a time or two since my kids could not play in the backyard w/o his dogs raising cain. He had about 4 acres and a neighbor to the NE of him cut down a walnut tree that was growing up in the fence !/2 on each side of the fence. He sued him for $475 dollars value of the tiimber??

Yep, boundry trees are a big no-no.  You want to get that one in writing by both parties before you gas up the saw.

I had a neighbor have that one pulled on him, but it backfired on the jerk... ended up the tree was 5 feet into the next property.  He lost 5' of lawn by being an arse.