• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,680 Thanks
  • 17,201 posts

Posted May 22, 2014 - 01:54 PM

Ok, that makes sense now

I believe most of these walk behinds always did the most work under low to medium throttle.

#17 VSTROM803 OFFLINE  

VSTROM803
  • Member No: 10269
  • 369 Thanks
  • 338 posts

Posted May 22, 2014 - 08:35 PM

VSTROM803.......

I also wanted to thank you for the heads up on the color scheme. I wasn't able to find the red you told me about but the fern green for the wheels was pretty much a perfect match for the original paint I had on my wheels. I settled for IH/CASE red but in my opinion getting the green color right is what makes these tractors. Most of the DB wheel weights I've seen were painted red which I'm sure was probably the original color. I decided to paint these with the green color simply because, (call me crazy), I like the red and green color scheme. When painting the weights red it hides a lot of the green and I didn't want to do that. I'm still considering painting the axles the same silver color as the clutch wheel. I'm not totally sure that I want to do it but I think it might look good.

Your tractor looks really good! I know that you are proud of it. The hooded DBs are real eye catchers. When ever I have to haul my tractor some where I almost always end up talking to some one that has questions about it.

I'm glad the paint worked well for you. I actually considered painting my weights green also. Like you, I think the all green wheel looks good. In the end I painted my weights red though. On my Super 575 the weights are blue like the wheels.

Now have some fun working the garden with it! And post some videos too!

#18 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted May 22, 2014 - 10:24 PM

Nice job!  Hope that thing earns its keep!

Ben W.