• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dieselcowboy OFFLINE  

Dieselcowboy

• Member No: 8268
  • 72 Thanks
  • 109 posts

Posted May 21, 2014 - 09:43 AM

Wondering if anyone could give me an approx. value of what a Bantam 5000 that looks mostly complete with a replacement non correct engine in running shape might bring in today's market. Fairly decent overall looks.  As everyone else I'd like to have one but know virtually nothing about them. My 4 year old loves my wheel horse but also loves everything orange. 

#2 Dieselcowboy OFFLINE  

Dieselcowboy

• Member No: 8268
  • 72 Thanks
  • 109 posts

Posted June 02, 2014 - 12:17 PM

All these views on this topic and no one has any idea what an average price is on this? From the buyers side of view, 

#3 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted June 02, 2014 - 12:42 PM

One thing you can be sure of, it ain't cheap.  I see three on ebay right now.  one is original with correct everything but it doesn't run and requires some assembly.  Starting bid $2000.  Yes, that's three zeros.

Another is a 5000 that was used as an amusement park ride.  It has a replacement kohler engine that supposedly the amusement park operators put in because they were more reliable or something.  Complete and runs.  Starting bid $1500.

The last is basically a shell.  Says it's a 9000 but I believe it's a 5000.  No engine or drive train.  Bad front tire and a hole cut in the hood.  Starting bid $350.

None of these tractors are getting any bids.  I bought one a few years back that was on Craigslist and only a few miles from me.  It was a 3000 and I bought it sight unseen because I knew that for $150, I wasn't going to lose.  It was solid enough but proved to be more of a project than I wanted to get into so I threw it on ebay and made a tidy profit.  Sold for something like $450.  The only value I've ever been able to put on any Bantam is "a lot".

#4 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,342 Thanks
  • 1,753 posts

Posted September 18, 2014 - 08:17 PM

I bought a 5000 approx 6 years ago,in pieces,not running for $450.00,no attachments,I spent a year putting it back together,I haven't seen any redone for less than $1500.00,most over $2500.00