• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 569 Thanks
  • 631 posts

Posted May 20, 2014 - 09:16 PM

What is the proper way to remove? Do you pull fitting out of grommet or pop hole thing out at one time?

• A.C.T. said thank you

#2 Hammerdown OFFLINE  

Hammerdown
  • Member No: 46960
  • 127 Thanks
  • 74 posts

Posted May 21, 2014 - 07:26 AM

Hello Gopher

The Onan Fuel pump's impulse line is located on the rear of the fuel pump and commonly held in place with a spring clamp. It can be removed with a set of Plier's as well as the Impulse tube clamp that is located on the engine block just above the oil filter adoptor. I hope this helps, Hammerdown

Edited by Hammerdown, May 21, 2014 - 07:26 AM.

#3 D318 OFFLINE  

D318
  • Member No: 60836
  • 1 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted August 06, 2014 - 01:16 PM

I also need to check strainers on Fuel Pickup Lines in Gas Tank. Is there a procedure for removing Lines from Tank or is it just pull them out and hope they won't leak when you replace them?

#4 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• 569 Thanks
  • 631 posts

Posted August 06, 2014 - 06:00 PM

You can pull out the one on the left if standing behind tank. The one on the right the reserve line has a rubber hose with clamps to extend it lower in tank if you pull that elbow out the hose will come off in tank. Then you have to drain tank to recover hose and strainer. I used my old bushing real pain getting back in likely swollen from gas if I do it again I'll buy all new tubes and bushings.  

• Alc and D318 have said thanks

#5 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 310 Thanks
  • 604 posts

Posted August 07, 2014 - 02:02 PM

You can pull out the one on the left if standing behind tank. The one on the right the reserve line has a rubber hose with clamps to extend it lower in tank if you pull that elbow out the hose will come off in tank. Then you have to drain tank to recover hose and strainer. I used my old bushing real pain getting back in likely swollen from gas if I do it again I'll buy all new tubes and bushings.  

I had this problem with mine.  The pickup tube with the strainer inside the tank completely rotted, both of them. The bushing I still haven't been able to get back in place and not sure how to resolve this issue.

Where do you get the pickup tubes that these have on them? And the bushing??

#6 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• 569 Thanks
  • 631 posts

Posted August 07, 2014 - 05:38 PM

John Deere -parts catalog say they are still available so you should be able to get them at any John Deere dealer.

• Alc said thank you

#7 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,629 posts

Posted August 08, 2014 - 05:39 AM

I bet my 318 has the same pick-up tube problem , one of the hoses must have rotted off , looks like that's going to be an end of season project