• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 27, 2010 - 11:20 PM

I was thinking of going big on the front wheels and tires on the 1650, 26x12-12 on back, 23x10.50-12 on front, I took a picture to show you guys what I mean, what do you think?

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF1093..jpg

#2 Guest_James66_*

Guest_James66_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 27, 2010 - 11:32 PM

I was going to do that to my Ariens,But I think it mite be hard on the stering. but I dont know if it would hurt it. I think it looks cool and would help in the snow. James

#3 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted February 28, 2010 - 09:14 AM

I was thinking of going big on the front wheels and tires on the 1650, 26x12-12 on back, 23x10.50-12 on front, I took a picture to show you guys what I mean, what do you think?

Not sure but wouldn't the front tires being that big hit and rub on the frame in a sharp turn and the axle say be at a extreme pivot point.Eg: back or front tires in a hole.I can say it looks nice but will it work without binding quite often.Larry

#4 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 28, 2010 - 09:31 AM

I think 18x8.50/8 would work better. That's what's on my 1655 and it looks great in proportion to the rears. Without power steering it would be a real drag on the arms & steering gear.
  • jpswift1 said thank you

#5 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 28, 2010 - 10:21 AM

Yeah I was just kidding, but when I see what some yahoos put on their cars/trucks for wheels and tires I don't think these are to far fetched. I still cant understand the tall tires/wheels, they look like wagon wheels. It burns my ass that these guys also drive manufactures to make taller/bigger tires for 1/2 ton pickups. I wont buy a new truck because I dnn't think I need anything bigger than a 16 inch tire unless I'm driving a semi. The prices on these 17-22 inch tires are off the wall, all because shady dudes truck is the role model of so many of our young people, not me, and not by most people. The people I see driving these type of trucks are usually very shady looking dudes. Do you know hard it is to find a 14 or 15 inch car/truck tire anymore? and how much they want for it, it is now a "specaility tire" around here, yeah

Edited by hooligan, February 28, 2010 - 01:31 PM.
Wasn't PC

#6 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 28, 2010 - 12:55 PM

I thought you were serious and I was thinking they would not clear your mower deck.

#7 Donthepackrat ONLINE  

Donthepackrat

• Member No: 97
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted March 01, 2010 - 09:06 AM

I found that putting larger diameter and more narrow tires on my craftsman with a mounted 42 inch blower kept it from hanging up as much on the hard packed snow and it takes curbs easier. I also found out the hard way that if you go too big, you rub and hang up on the frame. I had the steering wheel jerk out of my hands and wedged a front tire up under an old snapper rear engine mower back when I was about 14 years old. It took me an hour to get the tire un-wedged....as my father looked on shaking his head. He told me I would have problems.....Took me till I was about 30 years old to start taking his advise seriously. Now I have two sons to shake my head at when they put oversized tires on and jack up the steering. ...

I like this forum......Nice helpful group of guys.....some with too much time on their hands by the looks of some of those wild tractors.

Don

#8 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted March 01, 2010 - 02:18 PM

If you are going to put those on the front, you have to convert it to 4 wheel drive...:D

#9 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted March 02, 2010 - 08:43 AM

Yeah, Im going with the 18x8.50-8s on the front of the 1650 and put those 16x6.50-8 trenchers that are on it now with the 23x10.50-12's either on the Ariens or the MF14