3 replies to this topic

#1 tom tractor OFFLINE  

tom tractor
  • Member No: 51604
  • 182 Thanks
  • 194 posts

Posted May 19, 2014 - 01:18 AM

http://newlondon.cra...4476609198.html

Antique early 1950s Tiger garden tractor made in Keyser Wv. all gear and chain drive very complete and original. correct original tires and very hard to find sheetmetal. this is a very hard to find tractor, in this condition. very easy restoration project. serious replies only please.

#2 grnlark OFFLINE  

grnlark

• Member No: 2691
  • 330 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted May 19, 2014 - 06:19 AM

I went and looked at this tractor in person last year. He's had it listed a few times. It's a very cool machine and overall in decent shape. It was a bit rougher than I expected though once I got there in person. The hood needs some serious sheetmetal attention. It must have been off the tractor at one time and stored upside down where water was able to pool in what is the front top point of the hood. The metal is very thin with one good sized rust hole. The original belt guard was missing and there was a homemade one that was welded on pretty heavily. It wasn't running and the head was off "to replace the head gasket" but meanwhile was sitting there with the top of the piston exposed. It looked ok....but the side of the motor was caked with old oil etc. It could very well have been the result of the head gasket, but it was just another potential nightmare adding up on the list in my head. He was pretty firm on his price. I was even iffy at $500 but offered it anyways and he wouldn't even entertain it.

Edited by grnlark, May 19, 2014 - 06:20 AM.

• Titus said thank you

#3 tom tractor OFFLINE  

tom tractor
  • Member No: 51604
  • 182 Thanks
  • 194 posts

Posted May 19, 2014 - 06:28 AM

Matt (grnlark) you are always one step ahead of us.  That is why your collection rocks.  Thanks for the info!  I would love to find a Tiger in better shape.  Only maybe in a year from now.

#4 grnlark OFFLINE  

grnlark

• Member No: 2691
  • 330 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted May 19, 2014 - 02:25 PM

Matt (grnlark) you are always one step ahead of us.  That is why your collection rocks.  Thanks for the info!  I would love to find a Tiger in better shape.  Only maybe in a year from now.

I have one in stock. Just let me know when you're ready. :)

• tom tractor said thank you