11 replies to this topic

#1 LAguns OFFLINE  

LAguns
  • Member No: 57421
  • 7 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted May 18, 2014 - 07:10 AM

Hello everyone!

To start with, I must apologize that I am not so good in English, but this is because I live on the other side of the earth in Norway and English is not my primary language. I am an enthusiastic Ferguson tractor fan. I just bought a Massey Ferguson 14 lawn tractor. The engine sits in the tractor is a newer engine Kohler KT-17. The tractor is missing various parts, do you have any good tips where i can buy parts? The parts I mainly missing are: Exhaust muffler, steering wheel, side cover right side, headlights, taillights and all of the gear lever knobs and all the controls knobs on the dashboard.

DSC_0402.jpg

DSC_0401.jpg

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#2 jms180 OFFLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 925 Thanks
  • 1,216 posts

Posted May 18, 2014 - 07:28 AM

Welcome to GTT. Your English is great. I am not a Massey person not that I do not like them but haven't been able to find a nice one like yours. There are some nice guys here that own Masseys and will be willing to help you. Have a great day and enjoy GTT.

• Gabriel said thank you

#3 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted May 18, 2014 - 08:22 AM

Welcome to the forum!  I'll bet there is a Massey fan here who can help you.

Ben W.

• Gabriel said thank you

#4 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted May 18, 2014 - 09:40 AM

Welcome to GTT. We have members from all over. That is a good looking tractor. Check the site sponsors for the parts that they have for sale. You can download manuals( 3 for free per day) from our Manuals Section. Good Luck, Rick

• Gabriel said thank you

#5 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted May 18, 2014 - 03:08 PM

:welcome:  to the forum. We have many people on here that have parts or contacts. I check ebay or craigslists for parts. Main thing is to be patient most things show up sooner or later. Depending if you want to stay original or not but a lot of knobs from other GT's will fit most levers or you can adapt them to fit. A steering wheel might be tough to find, can yours be repaired? Headlights I bought the typical 35 watt on ebay http://www.ebay.com/...=item41810b5c2a

Your plastic nose piece at the end of the hood & the steering wheel cap can be bought at http://www.gtreprodu...s.us/parts.html . You can get decals at  http://maplehunterde...ferguson14.aspx

I'm not sure what you mean about right side cover. Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Edited by Sawdust, May 18, 2014 - 03:10 PM.

• Gabriel said thank you

#6 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted May 18, 2014 - 03:33 PM

:welcometogttalk: , and thanks for the photos.

Your English is as good (if not better) than some of the folks that were born here in the US of A!

• IamSherwood and Gabriel have said thanks

#7 LAguns OFFLINE  

LAguns
  • 7 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted May 18, 2014 - 04:23 PM

Have tried to follow on ebay for parts the past few days, but I think it's little choice for parts for sale there, and the parts that are for sale are often the seller will not ship to Europe. I will mainly the tractor to be original , but has realized that it can be difficult to obtain all the parts needed to keep the originality . Therefore it is better to get the knobs etc which is quite similar to the originals . The plan is to try obtaining all the parts I need, then refurbished it completely. When it comes to steering wheel it is impossible to repair, do you know if it is steering from other garden tractors that can fit ? Can this fit ? http://www.steinertr...-covered-spokes

Nice if people here who know about or can help to obtain the parts I need to speak out, I pay well for the right parts and those that help to obtain will of course get paid for the job.

When it comes to headlights I ordered original MF 135 lights I 'll try to adapt .

What I need most to get the tractor in use is the exhaust muffler.  

Edited by LAguns, May 18, 2014 - 04:40 PM.

• Gabriel said thank you

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted May 18, 2014 - 05:37 PM

:wave: Welcome to the forum! I hope you can find what you need and get it delivered. If I knew how to ship to you, I'd pass your parts along!

• Gabriel said thank you

#9 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 52459
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted May 18, 2014 - 09:47 PM

WELCOME! Nice MF 14! I'm in the middle of restoring a MF 14!

#10 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 52459
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted May 18, 2014 - 09:49 PM

Have tried to follow on ebay for parts the past few days, but I think it's little choice for parts for sale there, and the parts that are for sale are often the seller will not ship to Europe. I will mainly the tractor to be original , but has realized that it can be difficult to obtain all the parts needed to keep the originality . Therefore it is better to get the knobs etc which is quite similar to the originals . The plan is to try obtaining all the parts I need, then refurbished it completely. When it comes to steering wheel it is impossible to repair, do you know if it is steering from other garden tractors that can fit ? Can this fit ? http://www.steinertr...-covered-spokes

Nice if people here who know about or can help to obtain the parts I need to speak out, I pay well for the right parts and those that help to obtain will of course get paid for the job.

When it comes to headlights I ordered original MF 135 lights I 'll try to adapt .

What I need most to get the tractor in use is the exhaust muffler.  

I had considered a steering wheel from the same place, maybe the exact same one your looking at. It sure sounds and looks like the steering wheel that's on an MF 14.

Edited by Gabriel, May 18, 2014 - 09:51 PM.

#11 LAguns OFFLINE  

LAguns
  • 7 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted May 21, 2014 - 04:37 PM

Here comes a status update!

I have started to fixing the tractor, first out is the dashboard. Like most other MF garden tractors have this many cracks. Has reinforced problem areas with fiberglass. Think this will be good.
I have ordered the steering wheel I posted a link on, hope it fits.

Still trying to get a exhaust muffler. Do you know of a place where I can buy muffler? I have looked on ebay, but only a few used there. Also need oil filter and air filter.

Ampere meter I bought new for MF135, fits perfectly and is similar to the original.
I have also bought original MF 135 reflections to have on the rear fenders.
Knobs have i got  from a local MF dealer, they do not fit perfectly, but will try to get adapted to so they fit fine.

Will try to get some photos that I can share with you soon. 

Best regards from Norway

• MH81 said thank you

#12 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted May 21, 2014 - 05:53 PM

You might check these posts for hints on MF14 mufflers. Now these are for the original engine, so some adaptation will be needed to make them fit the KT

http://gardentractor...er/#entry408198
http://gardentractor...ler#entry101147