Today was a good day....
Since we have had a ton of rain and I'm unable to get in the garden I decided it was time to start working on the David Bradley....
I got it partially stripped down and spent the morning with a flap disc, wire wheel, sandpaper and mineral spirits.
After getting her ready for paint, (it wasn't a total tear down since I'm simply making her look a little better while she's working), I then gave her a good coat of primer and then a few hours later put on the first topcoat.
I'm hoping that within the next few days to a week, I'll have it ready to re-assemble and get some pics uploaded.
It's not going to be a show job and I still have all of the implements to do but from what I've seen so far I think it is really going to turn out looking good.
I'm using IH Case Red and Rustoleum Fern Green, (thanks for the tip VSTROM), for the colors.
I still have a little bit of welding to do, (putting a cable end on the Tecumseh throttle), and have to route the throttle cable through the handlebar and figure out how to hook it all up. Other than that it's another coat or two of paint and then I can get it put back together.
I'm excited about the DB again. It's been a long few weeks without doing anything to it!