Garden Tractor Forums banner

Who Remembers This Show ?

2K views 25 replies 20 participants last post by  grand 
#1 ·
Wheel Tire Plant Tractor Automotive tire

And for the tougher question, what brand/model tractor is it in the photo ?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
This topic again??? How old are you to not know that show?? Anyway, looks alot like a Fordson, but think it was some real off-beat brand really. It was figured out once, but don't recall, slept since then, and someone might have idea. Just think, many of the actors on that show are now dead and gone! Farming and Rural life can Kill ya! Ha!

#8 ·
attachicon.gif
oliverstractor.PNG

I found this on the Green Acres web site. Roger.
And to add to the "added note" on that link. The Ford tractor that was built to capitalize on Henry Fords name was so bad that it was what made the Nebraska tractor test's come into being.

#9 ·
And to add to the "added note" on that link. The Ford tractor that was built to capitalize on Henry Fords name was so bad that it was what made the Nebraska tractor test's come into being.
It was notorious for flipping over and crushing the operator. That why most of the surviving tractors have no rear fenders as they came done low in back and even had tool boxes built into them which got mashed when the tractor reared up pulling on something hard.

Reactions: hamman
#12 ·
#14 ·
It was notorious for flipping over and crushing the operator. That why most of the surviving tractors have no rear fenders as they came done low in back and even had tool boxes built into them which got mashed when the tractor reared up pulling on something hard.
Sre you referring to the Fordson tractor that was built by Henry Ford? They were noted for flipping backwards. I am talking about the imposter "ford" tractor.

Here's a pic of the one I am talking about.

http://www.farmcollector.com/~/media/Images/FCM/Editorial/Articles/Magazine%20Articles/2013/01-01/The%20Fraudulent%20Ford%20Model%20B/Ford-Model-B.jpg

#25 ·
Yes, that's right. The pig had a last name -Ziffel. I didn't watch that show much. I was pretty young when it came on the first time and missed the reruns.

#26 ·
Thanks for the post Ken. It made for interesting reading. I'm old enough to have seen this show when it first ran. It was part of the CBS country line up. It ran along with The Beverly Hillbillies and Petticoat Junction. As I recall, all were still doing well in the ratings but CBS decided it didn't like the image it gave the network. I guess they never checked to realize a lot of folks live in rural America and not just in the big city.

Last year Green Acres was airing in the morning on a local station. I turned it on one morning while the granddaughter and I were waiting for the school bus. To my amazement she loved the show. Before the station changed their schedule we watched every morning. Lilly and I even sang the theme song while standing at the bus stop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.