#1 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 06:11 AM

I have a Garden Way (Troy-Bilt) Tuff-Cut 22, which is basically a Yazoo high-wheel mower. It's a big, heavy machine but it does a great job and is anoher good example of a good design that they don't seem to want to make any more.

The other day I was using it and the idler pulley for the blade belt froze up. Luckily, I noticed the change in the normal hum of the mower and the beginnings of the smell of hot rubber. I got the mower stopped before the belt got damaged. I removed the pully, which is a 3" OD - 3/8" bore. The mounting bolt was in good shape, so I didn't need a new one of those. I went to Tractor Supply to see if they had a new pulley. I found a 3" pulley for a V belt, but the only one they had was one with a 5/8" bore. Solution??? Bought the pulley, item # 1185308, and zinc bushing, item # 883493. That bushing had a 5/8" OD, but a 5/16" bore so I had to ream it out just a tad with a drill bit. We looked, but couldn't find a bushing with a 3/8" bore in the drawer at TSC. At home, I pressed the bushing into the center of the pulley's bearing with a vise. It went in very smoothly. I put it back on the mower and it worked like a champ.

( I went in to so much detail because after I got home, found a parts list , and searched the web for P/N T230178, I found that it was no longer available. So, hopefully this will help someone else if their idler pulley fails)

Also including a parts list for the mower. The pulley is item 72 on page 4 of the list. While I'm at it, I'll add an Owner's Manual.

Operator's Manual

Parts list

Attached Files

Edited by KennyP, June 28, 2016 - 06:45 AM.
Fixed Links

• KennyP, superaben and sallyih16 have said thanks

#2 forgott3n m3mori3s OFFLINE  

forgott3n m3mori3s
  • Member No: 61321
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted August 09, 2014 - 10:34 PM

I have one too, it has rust holes (patched with an old license plate) It was free I've done the following to it: New recoil, cleaned airfilter, belt was off, put belt on, and I also am going to have to buy a new throttle / on off cable know where I can buy one?? Today mine had bad fuel on a hill and it conked out .. I couldnt get it back up the hill without tearing up the lawn any worse than I HAD! i had to tie a tow strap to a near by tree and wench it up! Anyways if you know where I can get that cable for cheap let me know please ~ Jacob 

#3 Bark3rd OFFLINE  

Bark3rd
  • Member No: 83522
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted June 16, 2016 - 11:01 PM

Hi, new member here, I have one of these too and info is very hard to find. I cant download the pdfs in this thread, could really use some parts diagrams.  Thanks for any help you can provide!

#4 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted June 17, 2016 - 05:22 AM

Hi, new member here, I have one of these too and info is very hard to find. I cant download the pdfs in this thread, could really use some parts diagrams.  Thanks for any help you can provide!

:wave: Welcome to the forum. I can't open them either.

#5 derekja OFFLINE  

derekja
  • Member No: 85294
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted November 22, 2016 - 01:39 PM

here's a manual if you still need it.

Attached Files