Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

20Hp Snapper Tractor, Dallas Never Seen This One Before?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 11:31 PM

I have never seen one of these, who built it?

http://dallas.craigs...4471542038.html

1990 Snapper 20hp Tractor. Equipped with belly mower, drag and cutting blade, and front end loader. Everything works with hydralics and was serviced last month. Excellent for small projects.

00C0C_f4NknUuP7dm_600x450.jpg 00M0M_7Anpp6dkCzT_600x450.jpg 00k0k_18JE0EevNAv_600x450.jpg 00202_7QCerHJnVDZ_600x450.jpg

• IamSherwood, sacsr, Cvans and 1 other said thanks

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,735 Thanks
  • 8,912 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 04:57 AM

I thought Power King supplied those for Snapper.

Found it:

Snapper sold their Lawn and garden division to Power king or Mission MFG their parent company in 1984 or 85. Same year International Harvester went under to Case.

• Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 06:09 AM

It looks like a nice machine. Almost looks like it's Super GT sized. 

#4 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 08:41 AM

Thanks, I thought it looked like a Plastic King.

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 10:11 AM

MAN! BUY That!!!!  I want one so bad and most are over-priced! Those are Power Kings from late 90's and are wonderful!  Many had Foot controls, not he lever in fender. That is GOOD price too. BUT, don't expect Snapper to help with parts and issues. They mostly don't know about these offerings or denie PK made or don't wanna help at all. This is what I have found around on web. Many Snapper dealers never knew of them.  Only lasted a couple years, then PK crashed. One of many times it was changing hands all over country and never really got off to start again. That is good price, I want it! Go buy that for me and UPS it up here! Man, I'm feeling low now......depression setting in....gonna cry.........so far away....... Hey!  Buy that and bring it up and I'll trade ALL my tractors and even one big MM for  it! 

GL's Wife here!  You can have it all except the Purple Pony and bring nothing up with you. But can't have Golf Cart either.

P.S.  Wife made me put that on here, really!  I'm outta here now, depression setting in!

Edited by glgrumpy, May 17, 2014 - 10:23 AM.

#6 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 10:31 AM

Just a note: PK was owned by Service parts int or close and even Yazoo Keyes around that time. Service I think tried to make it come back and did these tractors. Yazoo bought rights just to get some gadget rights, they never even made any and only sold parts. Service still sells parts but sold them to Mission and all the rights got to Mission but they don't manufacture anything. Service now buys there parts thru Mission. It's quite confusing in the 90's for PK. Note this tractor has a 3pc hood, top and two sides and much better quality than the 85 and up PK's had. The bad driveline in the manuals kinda wrecked reputation of them. Hydros were much better, but too late. AND, one like this one in ad would be $15,000 with loader, and you could by better CUT for about same money.

• ENafziger said thank you