• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bprzyw OFFLINE  

bprzyw
  • Member No: 53276
  • 92 Thanks
  • 163 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 08:03 AM

Looking for a picture / mounting instructions for a 54" deck to a 1886-01. It seems like a puzzle. I have the deck PDF, so I can see how the brackets mount to the deck, but pictures would be much more helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Bernie

#2 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,415 Thanks
  • 2,118 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 02:17 PM

Here's some pics for you.

mm 019.JPG mm 020.JPG mm 021.JPG

• bprzyw said thank you

#3 Deerlope ONLINE  

Deerlope

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 98
  • 402 Thanks
  • 322 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 03:52 PM

Those are some really good pic's that Bob posted. I have one of those 54" decks and they are heavy. Even in the pic's Bob put up you can see the deck brackets tipping towards the front of the tractor. Each deck mount bracket should have a brace set at 45 degree angle welded to it and the deck.
  • bprzyw said thank you

#4 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,214 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 04:40 PM

PICT0008.JPG PICT0009.JPG PICT0010(1).JPG

• bprzyw said thank you

#5 bprzyw OFFLINE  

bprzyw
  • Member No: 53276
  • 92 Thanks
  • 163 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 05:36 PM

Thanks guys. And here i would have guessed that the arms would have went between the brackets instead on the outside. Yes, i admit it is a heavy deck, as i have been moving it around by myself. Go figure i had the blades upside down too.... just fixed that 30 minutes ago. Had to retap one of the pulley bolts to 3/8" as the 5/16" was stripped out. Jerome, i can see you already had to repair the one rear mount. I have been welding, as the 4 mounts were spider cracked. Weld,grind, repeat, i have finally gotten the deck repaired. hoping it will hold for a bit. So these decks are not hydraulic lift? just adjust with the setting arm?

#6 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,214 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 07:13 PM

Thanks guys. And here i would have guessed that the arms would have went between the brackets instead on the outside. Yes, i admit it is a heavy deck, as i have been moving it around by myself. Go figure i had the blades upside down too.... just fixed that 30 minutes ago. Had to retap one of the pulley bolts to 3/8" as the 5/16" was stripped out. Jerome, i can see you already had to repair the one rear mount. I have been welding, as the 4 mounts were spider cracked. Weld,grind, repeat, i have finally gotten the deck repaired. hoping it will hold for a bit. So these decks are not hydraulic lift? just adjust with the setting arm?

They are lifted by the hydraulics on the tractor.

• bprzyw said thank you

#7 nglauer OFFLINE  

nglauer
  • Member No: 46660
  • 390 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted May 19, 2014 - 09:26 AM

I'm glad someone posted this - I took my deck off last fall and I honestly would have had an issue putting it back on without help. Apparently my memory isn't as good as it was lol.