• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bus driver OFFLINE  

bus driver
  • Member No: 57324
  • 3 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 08:04 PM

Good evening. I have bought a simplicity walk behind tractor from a picture a guy showed me.He said it was for sale,ran,just tuned up,a 1945??  Model "B" with a B&S 1.5 hp engine.When i asked how much,he said $25.00 and i said OK.My first problem is, i don't know much about this tractor. I would like to know: (1) how do i know what attachments will work with what i have.(2)Are they called implements or attachments.(3) do they have serial#s or will any walk behind hookup fit the Model "B".(4) when u download a manual is the long numbers in the title on the attachment .I have been around farm equipment for all of my life(58yrs) and i have never owned a walk behind.I look forward to learning a lot from this site.Thank you for any answers.

#2 Talntedmrgreen ONLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,062 Thanks
  • 2,177 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 08:21 PM

Congrats & welcome!  A model B is a real scarce find!  We sure would love to see some pictures of it.  That's an early machine. 

All Simplicity walk behind attachments should fit.  Simplicity's 'Quik Hitch' design was used on everything from their first, single wheel tractor in '37, through the end of their production around 1970.  Now, you may not have the HP to work all the available attachments, but they should fit.

#3 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 08:29 PM

:welcome: Lookin forward to seeing your new find. Don't know much about em myself, Good luck and enjoy the forum!

#4 bus driver OFFLINE  

bus driver
  • 3 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 08:33 PM

thank you for the quick reply.My wife asked if i thought i paid to much for it.I said i didn't think so.That is good that most all the attachments will fit.Will this tractor be able to handle a small plow?I told my wife i bought it for her,she said"oh good you have another toy to play with".I'm eager to pick it up and i will take some pics.Is there someplace that explains how to post pictures to the site.MM

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#5 Talntedmrgreen ONLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,062 Thanks
  • 2,177 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 08:50 PM

Sir, for $25, you outta lie awake tonite feeling guilty...or giddy :thumbs:

• superaben said thank you

#6 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 11:38 PM

bus driver, Welcome to GTtalk. You stole that machine for that price, Congratulations.

I sure hope you can post some pictures of the "B". If you look at this link, it should help you on uploading files and photos.

http://gardentractor...file-uploading/

#7 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,804 Thanks
  • 2,206 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 06:33 AM

Welcome to the site. Can't wait to see pics of that. Tom

#8 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 07:41 AM

Welcome to GTT. The tractor that you are describing should be able to pull a small plow, or cultivators, or a ride on cart. We have some manuals that you can download(limit 3 per day) for free. For a history of Simplicity tractors check out  www.simpletractors.com Good Luck, Rick 

#9 bus driver OFFLINE  

bus driver
  • 3 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted May 16, 2014 - 07:42 AM

Thank you all for the warm welcome.MR Green, I did not sleep very good last night,not because of the $25.00,but more from excitement of having a new toy.I asked how much,and he said the price.I guess i won this time.I just didn't think it would be right if i made an offer of $20.I don't think he knew what it was.When i asked about it and he showed me the picture,he just said "it was more junk dad dragged in".Im thankful his dad had more insight into our past then he did.I pick it up on Monday,I hope,and will try and post some pics.Im sure i can get any help i need if i have any problems getting them posted.I don't have good luck sometimes when it comes to computers.I have repaired and worked on some of the biggest equipment that has been made,but something that sits on my lap can send me into a fizzle.Thanks again for the warm welcome and i will post what i pickup on Monday.MM