2 replies to this topic

#1 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted January 23, 2011 - 11:43 PM

I had an idea for seed starting and dealing with adjusting the light higher as they grow. I think I am going to install some track for wire shelving on the wall, maybe 40" apart. On the lowest level, I will use shelf brackets and either use a wire shelf, or make a nice wooden slat one. Then using another set of shelf brackets, the light can just be placed over the plants by setting it onto the two shelf brackets. This would be very easy to adjust as they grow and when done, the brackets can be removed with the shelves leaving just the bracket on the wall.
I will place the brackets on my cellar wall and I may add some foam board insulation on the wall to keep the cold at bay a bit. I think this might work great though. I would have enough room for two of those "jiffy-peat" flats which is more than enough for me.
  • daytime dave said thank you

#2 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 6,332 posts

Posted January 24, 2011 - 07:17 PM

Sounds like a good idea. I'm thinking of starting my seeds myself this year. I might steal that idea to use.

#3 Alc ONLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,278 Thanks
  • 6,482 posts

Posted January 27, 2011 - 08:53 PM

That's a good idea thinking ahead of being able to remove the brackets when your done using it !! , Mine grow light/stand ends up taking space for most of the year .