#16 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,497 Thanks
  • 4,952 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 01:17 PM

The little town I live in in Michigan, Mancelona, has long been known as Mancytucky due to the large influx of Kentuckians when the Antrim Iron Company started growing in the late 1800s.  They were bringing in Kentuckians by the box car load to work there.

Yes, our town was built by a lot of Kentucky "immigrants" due to the manufacturing in the late 1800's early 1900's. We had at one time the largest paper mill in the USA, it is currently being demolished. We also had Pillsbury factory which has now been turned into a Hospice facility. Dover elevators and Debold Safe used to also employed alot of people, all are long gone now.

My grandparents came from Owesly County Ky back in the early 40's for work.

Hamilton is or was the largest Ohio city not located on a major interstate or having one going through it.

Due to the building craze of the late 90's and early 2000's, we could be call little Mexico now due to immigrant contruction workers building houses.

• MH81 said thank you

#17 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 05:08 PM

Now hold on...being from "Nobletucky" Ohio I know for a fact that no real "hillbilly" would give up such a rare piece !!

We would just add it to our inventory stack out back. If its still shiny we might put it out front for a few years...y'all just stop by some time, I'll show you the stacks!

• MH81 said thank you

#18 bolex OFFLINE  

bolex
  • Member No: 9864
  • 123 Thanks
  • 313 posts

Posted May 15, 2014 - 05:38 PM

Yeeep, why do you think I call my home town "Hamil-TUCKY" :D

We got a "Middle-TUCKY" too just up the road, it's even got more than us :smilewink:

Looks like one got lose and wander up to the far north or....maybe he jsut crossed the border from PA? :poke:

or they couldn't swim and didn't want to drown in lake erie

• MH81 said thank you