#1 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted May 14, 2014 - 07:05 PM

Found this blade at show. Model 1642BL02.   Wonder if it will fit the 14-38HXL Toro that I asked about before? Later model units.  Found this is a smaller Vertical shafted rig.

Attached Thumbnails

• Portland Swap Day 1 2014-05-14 011.jpg

Edited by glgrumpy, May 14, 2014 - 09:30 PM.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 01:09 AM

Can't find much info on this tractor or blade. Went to Toro sight and don't understand how to use the search features. I could get the mower and linked to parts pages, then that is all. No manuals would come up without a serial number, which I can't find. Found the model on Red Square site, after searching on and on thru the models list for 97' model. Not sure how to just put in year and see one I want w/out clicking every other page to go thru them. There are like 50pages and the page list only has a few shown at time. Blade model won't list at all and have that serial. Going crazy! Hate that site. Why make is so hard??

• MH81 said thank you

#3 GWest OFFLINE  

GWest

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 130
  • 450 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 03:08 AM

I use this site for a start

https://lookup3.toro...fm?xCaller=Toro

The 16-42BL02 must be entered with a dash and no spaces. You will see that the serial number ranges from none to none. That's because Toro has no record of the serial numbers so when a serial number is required you use the word none.

This location will now accept a model name also like the 14-38HXL. Enter that and they will all come up with the required model number and serial number and this time they are numbers. Most 1990 and older product has a 'none' serial number. Most 1991 and newer has an actual serial number.

This is the other site I use - old as dirt but still works

https://lookup3.toro...est/request.cfm

Enter the model number with the dash if it has one and make up a serial number from the 1st link. I like to use ie. 6912345 so I get the correct number of digits as some are 69123456. I find it hard to count all those zeros. There are occasions where Toro is looking for a serial with one more or one less digit than is actually on the data decal. Likely a typo by someone else that had trouble counting all the zeros.

Garry

• MH81, KennyP and glgrumpy have said thanks

#4 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 10:43 AM

Finally....some info gotten, thanks very much. Looks like many shafts and lift are missing from this blade I got. Shows manual for use and care, but guess that is a BUY thing and have to go to STORE section or ??? Downloaded the parts sheets, but would like the manaul to show mounting on tractor, which I don't even know if it is going to fit on yet!  Getting closer. Will try other bottom link later.

#5 GWest OFFLINE  

GWest

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 450 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 12:09 PM

The operator manual is available at the 2nd link or here

http://www.wheelhors...om-810454r1pdf/

Garry

• MH81 said thank you

#6 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 03:01 PM

Again thanks Gary for that link. I sure can't find much on the Red Square site very easy, must not know the short-cuts or something. I looked  and looked on there and found lots of things and not what I thought I wanted. Have to connect to Boss's tractor now and hoping he can give up long enough for me to play with mounting and such. the whole left assembly arm stuff I don't have for sure. One main bent rod going thru it is gone. Other things are hooked to places not right or needed on the control link rods. Wonder what chances of finding used parts is gonna be? Can have made probly, but costly. Need to go to more Wheelhorse shows I guess, ha! Too bad the BIG show is so far away. Won't be making that for sure.

#7 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 09:58 PM

Anyone have this blade on a tractor or off and can send pictures of it? I'm having heck of time trying to figure out how it all goes together with parts blow up and too many parts and lines in drawing. Brain hurts now, trying to check it out. There's never any info on say rod lengths and there are three on it. I have two, one looks right, but other one does not and one missing. I know there are lines leading to where the items go to the diff holes and such, but man, the go all over on this drawing. I'm one of the guys you "gotta show a picture to".  I'm doubting more and more whether I will ever find used parts to finish it. Haven't tried to see if NEW is around still. Probly more than I wish to spend on the project.

• MH81 said thank you

#8 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted May 18, 2014 - 06:55 AM

Anyone have this blade on a tractor or off and can send pictures of it? I'm having heck of time trying to figure out how it all goes together with parts blow up and too many parts and lines in drawing. Brain hurts now, trying to check it out. There's never any info on say rod lengths and there are three on it. I have two, one looks right, but other one does not and one missing. I know there are lines leading to where the items go to the diff holes and such, but man, the go all over on this drawing. I'm one of the guys you "gotta show a picture to". I'm doubting more and more whether I will ever find used parts to finish it. Haven't tried to see if NEW is around still. Probly more than I wish to spend on the project.

No one I know has that blade GL. I checked with the two people off site I know have WH/Toro and no one has one like that. Sorry.

#9 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted May 18, 2014 - 07:25 AM

Can you take more pictures of the rods and attaching parts? It looks alot like the plow on my 129. It has a toro tag on it.

Geno

#10 GWest OFFLINE  

GWest

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 450 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted May 18, 2014 - 10:53 AM

The 16-42BL02 fit the 1989-1992 Toro/Wheel Horse 200-Series of lawn tractors.

Garry

#11 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted May 18, 2014 - 11:23 AM

Yeah Gary, that is what it is saying on paper, yet some places say fits other models too??  So confusing. I DID find out how to get prices from Partstree site on some major missing parts and didn't like what I saw. Won't be new ones. The major pivot and turn angled rod is about $45, and little links are 12 to 15 bucks, and the lift lever assembly was over $80. Still had them it said. Guess I bought this too quick w/out looking over. Seller knew nothing about it either.

#12 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted May 18, 2014 - 02:55 PM

Big Kid, here's couple shots of it now. A bar that holds up that link in center is gone, easy to make. the hard to make part is gonna be that bent rod that goes into the main channel and bends up and that long handle goes on it and swivels and moves forward and back to make blade move. The long rod with bend is on wrong side now I think and also goes back to big handle or that same swivel link as the other?  Mounts to mower with just two upper bolts on that big U-shape bracket and the arms below go from that to back of tractor somewhere, similar to way they are on it now in this picture.

Attached Thumbnails

• WH Blade 2014-05-18 002.jpg
  • WH Blade 2014-05-18 003.jpg

• bgkid2966 said thank you

#13 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted May 18, 2014 - 03:02 PM

I have the lift arm and handle assembly for that setup. It may not be exact but I know by the picture mine hooked up the same way. I will get it out and post a picture for you. The plow appears to angle the same way as mine. If I can help you let me know.

The only difference I see is the bracket that actually mounts on the GT.

Here are the pictures of the lift mechanism and rod..DSCN0997.JPG  DSCN0998.JPG

DSCN0999.JPG  DSCN1000.JPG

Do these look right according to the manuals?

Geno

Edited by bgkid2966, May 18, 2014 - 03:17 PM.

#14 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted May 18, 2014 - 04:13 PM

The bracket for the lift assembly only has a small tack weld on it. The rest of the extra plates are bolted on. It is available if you are interested.

Geno

#15 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted May 18, 2014 - 08:36 PM

Yeah! Looks right on those parts. Has some extra stuff welded on not needed, and one silver looking flat stock where link was in probly. Originally think the link was in where bolt is there now. SO, you can reduce the weight taking off extra metal?  Long rod becomes the hardest to box. So, what price?  Huntington, IN 46750 is address to get ship estimate. Might fit in a cardboard Tube if you have a source for those. Tape ends good?  Any other parts avail?  Should be long handle on other side to unlock and turn blade if still on?  Need that Round stock bent 90* and has a strap link on it for that. Any of the little rods that connect things? Need a picture maybe?  Here's scan with parts needed in green. Mostly need #44 to hold handle and other links. 30, 47, 43.

Attached Thumbnails

• Blade parts page.jpeg

Edited by glgrumpy, May 18, 2014 - 08:45 PM.