• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,718 Thanks
  • 872 posts

Posted May 14, 2014 - 05:31 PM

What a year so far, first the snow, then bitter cold, then more snow, i think i have had 2 or 3 nice days so far just to tease me, i have tried to cut the lawn 3 times and drove the mower into the shop while its raining on me, my back yard where my septic system is is a bog you stand on it and sink 4 inches, the grass is already 8 inches plus, i will probably have to cut it down with a weed wacker at this rate, no small task as the area is about 75 x 100 feet, yesterday we had almost 2 feet of water covering about 25 acres of our farm, now its raining again and we have thunder storms, just lovely, no seat time for me anytime soon. i was hoping to till the gardens this weekend

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,474 Thanks
  • 39,712 posts

Posted May 14, 2014 - 06:18 PM

Sorry to hear the issues you are having. I could use some of that rain down here as we are 6" behind so far this year!

#3 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,110 Thanks
  • 3,202 posts

Posted May 14, 2014 - 06:25 PM

Wow. I feel for you. It has not been any better here. Saw large John Deere tractor with dual rears stuck in the middle of a field today. Down to the axles. Four wheel drive. Was pulling a set of disks. Field looked dry too. Looking good here for the long weekend here ( so far) !!!! You can keep the rain please. I think we are getting it next week. Noel

#4 bryan 110 OFFLINE  

bryan 110
  • Member No: 52864
  • 196 Thanks
  • 250 posts

Posted May 14, 2014 - 06:37 PM

We have had nothing but rain in the part of Wisconsin that I live in we hav had about 5 days that we might have had 1/2 day of full sun

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 14, 2014 - 07:16 PM

It's been wet and cold here with above average rain. It looks like we will finally get a decent weekend though with temps above normal and no rain until at least Monday. It's been a strange winter/spring all over.